FIFTEEN - RUN!

Days passed by in a blur. Classes took a majority of their time but Thomas and Minho often hung out, as did Amelia and Kira. The latter would switch, occasionally training with the boys or hanging out with her female friend.

Lydia, Scott, and Malia were still hostile to the gladers, glaring whenever they could. It was petty but Amelia ignore it, not giving a care about it.

It had been a week since they managed to "get in touch" with Jorge and probably Brenda. Every now and then the song would play and switch halfway through which the group took as a sort of message. It was hard but so far, Minho had guessed that they'd taken a detour along the way.

"See you later Tom," Amelia kissed his cheek and stepped back, putting some of her weight against the door as she watched the back of the Yukimura twins and her boyfriend disappear to train again. She turned and looked around the house. She never had much time alone and she hated it. Every night for a month her mind had come up with scenarios about her past.

Assassin. Killing. No control. Children crying.

Shutting her eyes, Amelia winced at the images that flashed in her mind. She'd been given a flash drive but threw it out after she made a mistake of opening it during the first week with the FBI.

All she saw was scientists torturing a younger version of herself, one that she was afraid to remember. She didn't know how young she was, but she knew it was years ago. Just seeing a few seconds of creaming and electricity made her slaw the laptop, the sound echoing in her barren room.

Blocking out the thoughts, Amelia went up into their room and took out their weapons. She needed to keep herself busy so she began cleaning the guns before placing them down.

Taking it apart and putting it back together.

Her mind was blank yet full at the same time, thoughts mushing together into one.

Clicking it in place, Amelia held up her gun, her eyes lining up with it. She aimed as she moving to the window.

She scanned the area looking for anything. Steady hands held the gun, easily recognizing it's weight.

Her eyes flickered around, a feeling in her stomach growing. The uneasiness making her wary yet her eyes showed nothing.

Knocking snapped her out of her trance, the gun lowering and hovering next to her thigh. Still wary, she stealthily made her way downstairs, her sock covered feet silencing her steps.

Glancing out the window, she noticed a familiar group and a soft smile made its way across her face.

"Hey guys," she smiled as she opened the door, the uneasiness she felt before melting away.

"Lia," Mason greeted and pulled her into a short hug before walking into the house, quickly followed by his boyfriend who greeted the female with a nod.

"Kira's out?" Theo asked as he passed her while Liam too hugged the shorter brunette.

"Yeah, they just headed out for another go," she smiled and locked the door after glancing outside. All she saw were a pair of kids on bikes and an electrical van down the street, but nothing much.

"All good Li-Li?" Mason asked, his eyes pulling away from from Liam's, both mirroring the concerned look on Corey's face.

Although Theo hid it, he too was concerned the for the ex-assassin. His eyebrows were furrowed and Amelia smiled as she noticed his hand itch closer to Liam's which rested between on the arms rest next to where Theo sat.

Mason and Corey both sat at the table.

"It's nothing," she shrugged, attempting to push away her nerves. Instead, with her face still set in a soft smile, she went to the kitchen and grabbed some water bottles. "What are you doing here? Anything new?"

And so the evening went on, Corey and Mason hanging out while Amelia listened to Liam go on and on while a "sly" Chimera pretended to not be interested or listening.

They continued this routine, the boys giving the girl company while she simply listened to them and helped with homework. She knew how to do it and could easily graduate early but she wanted to hang around town and stay under the radar.

"Coach, you mind if I run with them?" Amelia asked on day during practice as she nodded her head towards the puppy pack that was getting ready for their lap.

"Go for it," he waved as he continued to watch as the upperclassmen did practice shots on Danny. Luckily, the goalie seemed to be faring pretty well besides an occasional miss. "If you're half as good of your boyfriend, you'll already be a thousand times better than Greenburg!"

He yelled the last part and a head turned towards them but instead of thinking too much into the phrase, she glanced at the boy and gave Coach a small smile before making her way to the boys that she could have adopted solely based on how Liam acted with her.

"Lia?" Mason asked asked from beside the boys, chatting with Corey and Theo as they stretched, Liam just slightly off to the side. "What are you doing here?"

"Running," she deadpanned. Rather than waiting for her to elaborate - which they knew she probably wouldn't - three of the four began walking which quickly turned into a jog.

Amelia wasn't far behind but it took a little to get into the motions of running again. The feeling of grass below her shoes reminded her of the Safe Haven a little more than she wanted but she kept her eyes on the boys and her mind switched over to them, shadowing the unease she felt prior to the period.

All day she'd felt like something was coming and she was too worried to leave the boys alone. 

"You good Amelia?" Theo called as he ran beside her, the other two moving forward and pushing each other as they ran. Laughter reached her ears and it pulled at her lips as she responded.

"Of course Theo."

"Then why is your heart just a little faster than usual?" he pushed, not believing that she was fine for a second.

"Something feels-" she cut herself off, metal glinting in the trees. It was familiar, way too familiar. It was an arm, a needle at the end that glinted in the sun. Her eyes widened and quickly took in the metal leg that poked out under it.

"Li-" he was cutoff from her body ramming into him with so much force it sent him tumbling. Too much in shock, he didn't hear the whirring from a creature that shouldn't exist.

"RUN!"