Chapter 23

Isabella didn't expect that they were going to leave the country.

Isabella never expected that they were going to go to a different home in the first place. However, her father thinks that it will be safer for her. It's fine though. She likes to travel and she likes the sound of a new home. It's not that she hates her current home but Isabella loves the adventure that it could give her. A new place is like an adventure to her!

Plus, she was finally free from that nasty doctor! He said that she's good to go and that she won't be meeting him anytime soon. And, that's good to hear.

Isabella's finally free from the claws of Doctor Dmitri! More importantly, the little girl feels okay now. She feels lighter and more like herself than before. Of course, she won't be totally alright. The youngest Torres could still remember the scary events that happened and she still shudders at the thought of it.

Anways, back to leaving the country and whatnot. Athony had woken her up so early in the morning with her things already packed and ready. He had smiled softly when Isabella complained about being woken up so early in the morning.

Mornings are fun, sure, they're the start of the day yada yada yada, but being woken up early? Not fun. Not fun at all. It's the opposite of fun.

It's devastating.

"I'm sorry but we leave at eight, sweetheart." Anthony had answered her, ushering the little girl to the bathroom.

"Where we goin'?" Isabella had asked, still sleepy. She looked at him in confusion.

Anthony was hesitant to answer, he stopped in his step and had actually took his time to think for a reasonable answer. Isabella knew that Anthony was being careful with his words. He always did. But, today, he was being extra careful. He probably didn't want to scare or shock her.

Isabella found that endearing but she didn't want her brother to think that he should be extra careful with everything he does whenever he's around her.

So, Isabella spoke up once again, looking at her brother with a smile. "Doesn't matter, Tony. Wherever we go, m' gonna follow so that we can be together always!"

She doesn't want to be separated from her family. Even if they're monsters.

Anthony had been so surprised to hear her unexpected words but he didn't argue with her. The man only gave her a beaming smile before he kneeled in front of her. Anthony gave her a loving kiss on the forehead.

"Such a good girl." He crooned, caressing her rosy cheeks. "Always being so good to us." He kissed her forehead again before she was pushed in the bathroom.

The sight of bathrooms scares her. She remembers the bathroom back in that motel. She remembers hiding in it and hearing the thumping sound of his knocks, the demand and plea in his voice keeps ringing in her head and it scares her.

But, not as much. Besides, Anthony's with her so she's not as scared as she was before.

After that, she was ushered in a black car where her brothers were waiting for her. Elois had given her a bright grin while Lucius looked at her worriedly.

There was no Rafael, Romeo and dad in sight.

Isabella frowned at that. She wanted to see them and apologize but they're not there and now Isabella feels a little sad.

If she sees them, she'll make it her mission to give them a big hug and and kiss on the cheek too!

"Hey, brat." Lucius said, snapping Isabella out of her trance. She looks away from the window to give Lucius a glare.