XLVI: Sick

L I S A

We are at the dining hall of two Kim sisters' residences. We are eating breakfast while watching the weather forecast.

All of a sudden, Jennie stood up from her seat and ran towards the sink, where she puked. I got alarmed, and I went towards her to hold her hair and pat her back.

I handed her a glass of water, and she drank all of it.

"What's wrong? Do you feel dizzy? Headache? Stomachache? Do you feel sick?" I bombarded her with questions as I made her sit in the chair.

"I hate this odor; it's making me nauseous." I furrow my brow and smell myself subconsciously. "Not you, Lili; in fact, I love your smell."

"What odor are you talking about then?" She looked at Jisoo, then at her own scent.

"I'm not using any perf—" Jennie raised her hand to stop her from talking.

"Let's go to the living room, where you can't smell her." I helped Jennie walk, and I guided her to the living room.

I made her sit on the couch, and I sat beside her. I'm worried about her, especially since she is pale and looks weak.

"Do you want to drink medicine?" She shook her head, and I nodded.

"Cuddle me, Lili." I lay on the couch, and she went on top of me. She buried her face in my neck, and I hugged her waist.

"Tell me if you feel sick, ok? Don't make me worried like that." She hummed in response.

"Stroke my hair, Lili." I obliged, and she sighed in content.

Minutes later, I felt her breathing relax, indicating she had fallen asleep on top of me. I slowly sat up and carried her without waking her up.

I carried her like a baby to her bedroom. I tucked her in the bed, and I put a pillow under her legs. I kissed her forehead before I went back downstairs.

"What happened to her?" Jisoo inquired, and I took a seat across from her.

"She is pale, and she feels nauseous." I notice Rosé's thinking. "What's on your mind,  Rosé?"

"When did she start puking?" She questioned.

"I don't think this is the first time I've seen her puke." I answered.

"I saw her one time rushing to the restroom last week." Jisoo said.

"Do you think Jennie-Unnie is pregnant?" Jisoo and I looked at each other before we blinked a couple of times.

"Pardon?" Jisoo and I asked in sync.

"I think Jennie Unnie is pregnant." Jisoo and I laughed out loud, then we stopped laughing.

"I think she is." Jisoo and I said it in unison.

"Did she try to go to the doctor or take a pregnancy test?" Rosé asked.

"I don't know; maybe not because if she did, she was going to tell it to one of us." I said, and they nodded in agreement.

"What are you going to feel if Jennie Unnie is pregnant?" Jisoo looked at me, anticipating my answer.

"Happy, glad, nervous, and excited." I responded.

"What makes you nervous?"Jisoo asked.

"I don't know the dos and don'ts of how to take care of a pregnant woman, but I'm willing to learn and take care of Jennie if she is pregnant." They nodded and smiled at me.

"Go to the pharmacy near you and buy a pregnancy test kit." Rosé demanded, and I dashed out the door.

I borrowed Jisoo's car, and I drove to the nearest pharmacy I was going to find.