Family Day

Hunter wasn't a fan of any type of Family Day. Wether it was parent teacher conferences or just a regular Family day or in Daltons Case, Both. He didn't see the fascination with spending the day listening to small talk and just praying your Parents didn't say something embarrassing or your teachers didn't say anything compromising to your parents.

This is why he was so glad that his parents couldn't make it to Ohio for the day. Since there were no classes, he figured he could use the opportunity to have the room all to himself without Sebastians Constant grating presence.

The boy hadn't gotten any better. There were only brief moments when Hunter saw a glimpse of an actual human being inside the Warbler.

An incident involving Trent stood out the most to him. Sebastian had been muttering into his phone, looking agitated for some reason, while he sat with the Other Warblers in the Dining Hall. The Warblers had been glancing between Sebastian and a glaring Hunter with interest. That was until Trent nudged Sebastian subtly and whispered to him about his volume. Sebastian had stuck his hand over the phone and snapped "Do I interrupt you when your talking to your Mother, Trent?" And went back to his phone call.

Hunter had noticed how the boy turned an alarming shade of white and silently stood and walked out of the room. Hunter watched the boy confusedly as Jeff swore and smacked Sebastian on the head. Sebastian looked between Jeff and Trents empty space and Hunter could see the moment when his brain made the connection.

"I wasn't thinking." He said, looking regretful.

There was angry murmuring heard from Sebastians phone. "I have to go, you can talk to Joe about it." He snapped into the phone before hanging up and following after Trent.

The Warblers had noticed Hunters confusion and Jeff spoke up to fill him in. "Trents Mother died seven months ago." He explained quietly. "Cancer."

"Sebastian is t going to make it worse, is he?" Hunter had asked, turning to the blonde in concern.

"Your too hard on him, Hunter. If you looked past just what he wants you to see, you would probably feel different about him."

Hunter had completely doubted it then but after their conversation the two Warblers had returned from, Trent seemed to look at Sebastian in a new light while Sebastian just seemed like nothing had changed at all.

That was almost four weeks ago.

Now, looking at his roommate who was anxiously darting around the room, both straitening and rearranging his and Hunters things like a manic tornado, he didn't know what to feel about the boy.

"What are you doing?" Hunter asked, eyeing his roommate.

"You don't have any drugs in here, right?" He asked, ignoring Hunters question. "Nothing illegal or anything that'll get you into trouble?"

"No... why is that important?"

Sebastian didn't get a chance to answer when there was a knock at the door. He nervously went over to unlock it and slowly opened it. As soon as the door was open, something jumped onto Sebastian, tackling him into a hug on the floor.

Hunter looked up and saw an African American, middle aged man, watching the two on the ground with a fond smile.

"All right, Iris, get off him. Let him breathe." The man said. At that, a pretty African American girl stood up, followed by Sebastian.

"Hi, Joe." Hunter saw Sebastian grin. It wasn't the smirk that had seemed to find an almost permanent place on the boys face but it showed he was actually happy, even happier than when he was on stage.

"Come here, Son." The man, Joe, said. Sebastian hugged the man tightly as the man returned the gesture.

Iris locked eyes with Hunter, finally noticing the other presence in the room.

"Who's this?" She asked, gesturing to Hunter. Sebastian turned around and he pled ever so slightly, remembering that he wasn't alone before his family had arrived.

"Hunter Clarington." Hunter introduced, standing up. He shook Joe's hand, both men having a firm grip.

"Joe West and this is my daughter, Iris." Joe introduced.

"And Sebastians absolute Best Friend slash most amazing Sister in the entire world." She added, sending a smug look at Sebastian.

"Says who?" The boy asked teasingly.

"Says me."

"What would you know?"

"More than you, I'm older, remember?"

"By like, 3 months. Basically nothing."

"That's enough you two." Joe interrupted them as Hunter tried not to look dumbfounded. "God, that's something I won't miss when we leave." He muttered.

"I can't tell wether I should be offended or not." Sebastian said.

"Me neither." Iris eyes her father.

"Anyway... Sebastian." Hunter noticed it was like the man had to force out his name. "How come I got a call from your Social Worker three weeks ago telling me that you were flunking Biology?"

"I would love to know why as well." Iris folded her arms, both West's looking at Sebastian expectantly.

"I was just having a bad week but I'm all good now." Sebastians supplied, shrugging. "So, anything happen while I was gone?"

"Not much. Dad solved a few cases, I have some homework I need you to do with me, Tony asked me out-"

"Wait, what?" Sebastian cut Iris off, anger flashing through his eyes. "I thought he had given up on you? No, wait, you said he was going on a three month trip to Hawaii only two weeks ago."

"I may have, um, lied." Iris replied sheepishly, avoiding eye contact. "It's just, I know how much you don't like him and it just slipped out."

"I'm sorry to interrupt, but, can I talk to Sebastian in the hall for a minute?" Hunter asked, trying to keep his cool. Sebastian paled but nodded, walking out into the hall, Hunter following, closing the door behind him.

"What the hell is going on?!" Hunter whisper yelled. "What's this about a Foster Family? What the hell aren't you telling people, Smythe?" Hunter snapped once they were in the hall. He was using a hushed tone, not truly wanting to call too much attention to them at the moment.

"What's going on doesn't involve you." Sebastian snapped back, voice full of warning. "So stay out of my business, Clarington. None of this affects you on any way so your going to let it go," he said, "and you aren't going to tell anyone. Your going to go about your days as if nothings changed, got it?"

Hunter narrowed his eyes but slowly nodded.

"Good. Let's go." He walked back through the door, Hunter following.