036

august 10th, 2026
3:12 pm

august 10th, 20263:12 pm

"IT'S HERE." Brandon could hear his voice echo through the empty seeming house.

The wedding invitation from his cousin Kylah was firm in his hand as he searched for his girlfriend.

When he finally found her, Sunday was laying on her back in the fenced in backyard, dressed in a tie dye bikini and the sun drenching her deep brown skin.

She had been doing that a lot lately.

Sunday had withdrawn into herself since she had moved in with Noah, spending a lot of time in the backyard, painting, tanning and thinking quietly to herself.

Brandon sat on the edge of the towel underneath her, "It came. Finally."

Sunday blinked and then closed her eyes once more, "What did?"

"Ky's wedding invitation. Two weeks." Brandon scanned the elegant wedding invitation, "It's black tie. You coming with me, right, ma?"

"Mhmm." Sunday hummed in agreement without moving.

Brandon nudged Sunday's bare ribs, "Have you talked to Jeanette and Rafael?"

"No. Fuck Jeanie." Sunday's tone was somber, "I'm tired of being friends with people who have annoying ass opinions about shit I do that doesn't affect them."

Brandon pursed his lips at that.

He knew that Sunday missed her friends but he wasn't going to push her, not with everything she had been through all summer.

Sunday sprang her eyes open once more to peer up at Brandon, "I have a question and you can't get mad."

Brandon simply stared back at her and waited for Sunday to ask.

"Do I... Do I have to start over and wait five years or two years?"

"What?" Brandon asked in a slightly taken aback tone.

"I mean, the last time we were together, it was for three years... So... Two or five?" Sunday asked in a lazy tone.

Brandon licked his bottom lip, "I... I-."

"Never mind. Forget that I asked." Sunday turned over on her side, exposing her rib cage, "Can you just like go back inside? Please?"

Brandon nodded a little and then hunched over a little to press his lips against her cheek for a second before slowly rising to his feet.