Chapter 12: Ron's Feeling

"Normal Speech"
'Thought'
Past Narrative
"Past Speech"
'Past thought'
***********************************

The three stayed inside the tea shop until Cale had finished his book. They came down from the third floor together.

"I'll be coming here everyday until the time I need to leave for the capital." Cale said to Billos.

"Is that so? To read books?"

"Whatever the mood I have."

"Yes. Please feel free to visit anytime."

Ron was quietly observing their interactions from behind Cale. He saw how friendly Cale was toward the greedy Billos Flynn and clicked his tongue silently. 'Why does all the punks around the young master all troublesome? Couldn't he have a more normal friends? Like that Eric Wheelsman.'

"He suddenly attracted all kinds of flies..." Ron grumbled to himself.

"I don't know you care that much."

"None of your business, punk."

Ron let out a sigh after getting caught by Choi Han. 'I guess I'm getting old now.'

Cale had heard them argue, so he finished his business quickly and walked home with them instead of waiting for the carriage.

Ron was thinking all the way home. Allowing Cale to do just he please.

Ron was planning to be heading to the capital since he had a bad feeling ever since he saw Choi Han who came out of the Forest of Darkness with that dense murderous aura on him.

Ron hadn't forgotten the reason he escaped the Eastern continent and hid out in this territory all these years. However, he had to research about the people responsible for this one more time.

'At least I must make sure that young master arrive at the capital safely first. Let's count it as the last duty as his servant.'

He was sure that everyone would have seen how he treated the young master, even if he always claimed that he had only stayed by the young master's side because he found his behavior intriguing, but an assassin doesn't necessarily tell the truth.

'I should tell Beacrox to make food that young master like to eat.'

(A/N: hmm I think you'll break that promise soon. Hehe 😈)

Ron had been taking care of Cale even more than his own son, Beacrox. He got some ideas of why Cale has done the terrible things he did as Trash. However, he also saw something no one else seemed to notice.

Ron saw how Cale hold back his tears to the point where people pointed to him and whispered how heartless he was for not crying at his mother's funeral.

He saw how the young Cale ignored all those comments to console his grieving father.

He saw how he forced his smile when he saw how happy his father was when he announced his remarriage with Violan.

He saw how the child kept his distance from his father and his new family.

13 years. Ron has watched over Cale for too long. 'Even though at one point, I might have been too selfish to even tried to help. I thought that my priorities are my son and my own safety. I regretted it now.'

***********************************
Cale left the two and returned to his room immediately after arriving at the estate, only to see On and Hong staring at him.