Chapter 10: Don't Play With Fire

Monday morning I pulled into the school's parking lot. I had a problem pulling in because for some reason there seemed to be thousands of cars lined up. At first I didn't think anything of it, until I parked and realized some of the cars looked familiar. Getting out of my car, I walked in the direction of the cars, then my memory hit me like a brick wall. It was Chris, the fuck is he doing up here? I knew Dominic couldn't fucking hold his tongue. As I continued to walk in the direction of the cars, Dominic ran up to me.

"I'm sorry Mackenzie, I know I shouldn't have said anything but it was hard."

"Dominic I forgave you about that one time you cheated on Deja and I didn't say anything, I forgave you when you stopped talking to me because of Chris, but I'm done with that shit. Don't fucking talk to me anymore."

"Mackenzie don't be like that."

"Don't be like what? Don't not forgive your ass when you're wrong? I'm good on you." I walked away from him. I've only in our entire friendship asked his ass to do ONE thing and that one thing was to not tell Chris about the Vonté situation. Of course, I was wrong again for actually believing him.

I walked over to the group of cars. Waving at some dudes I knew, before I found Chris standing next to his car talking to some friends.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him, his friends stood watching us.

"You know why I'm here. Don't even ask me a dumb ass question like that." Is he really trying to front right now?

"Oh! So you trying to front? What the fuck are you here for Chris?!"

"GURL don't raise your voice at me!" He must have forgot who ran this damn relationship.

"Motherfucka I can raise my voice at anyone I want to! So don't bring your ass up here thinking you bout to do something!" Chris grabbed my arm to take me away from his friends. I hit him in the face with an open hand.

"Chris don't fucking grab me!"

"Don't hit me!"

"I wouldn't have hit your dumb ass if you didn't grab me!"

"I shouldn't have grabbed you but don't yell at me like that in front of my friends."

"I don't give a care if you were in front of the Pope! Don't try to hoe me!"

"I wasn't trying to hoe you, look you know why I'm up here so don't act new." Chris tried to walk away from me but I turned him around.

"You're not involved in this Chris, just leave it alone."

"I can't leave it alone. As much as you don't want to admit it, you're my girl and you'll always be my girl."

"No, I won't Chris. You have to realize it's over, we'll NEVER get back together. Just please stop! Don't do anything!" I tried pleading with him but it wasn't working.

"No matter who you go with or years from now...even married, you're my girl. You'll always be my girl, and no motherfuckin nigga will treat you anyway that I don't agree with."

"Ok Chris, I understand where you're coming from but can you just leave? Just leave and I'll call and talk to you. Just please don't cause anymore problems."

I tried my best to try and get Chris to leave but he wouldn't. He wouldn't leave for anything. Why couldn't Dominic shut the fuck up?! Soon people started to notice the large crowd of people and came up with their own stories for why the boys were there. Word got around very quickly that they were there for Vonté.

I prayed Vonté wouldn't show up today, that for some reason he decided to not come to school today. Yet, knowing myself, my luck wasn't that good. Vonté walked to the middle of the street, with his own crew of people. I didn't know who they were, but some boys I did recognize, some from the school. I guess they thought it was a school versus school fight but it wasn't that simple. I tried grabbing hold of Chris's arm but couldn't, he already was walking toward Vonté. Soon Chris and his crew stood face to face with Vonté and his crew.