Chapter 98

Blaze POV

I marched across the hallway, my mouth and shirt still dripping with blood. At first glance, my pack members gasped, thinking we were under attack. But then they saw where the blood was and the scent I had on me and they probably figured out.

Their king had finally marked their luna. They would have celebrated if they didn't catch the grim expression on my face.

As soon as I came to my office, I broke down. I burrowed my face in my hands and for the first time tears leaked out of my eyes.

What have I done?

What have I done?

We violated our mate. We gave her the same trauma that some other bastard had done before us.

My wolf said sadly. She will never forgive us for this. She hated us. And why wouldn't she? When we forced our way through. What was I thinking? What had I hoped t achieve from this?

Such a clumsy marking. At the very least she had deserved a celebration, as ceremony. It was supposed to be a beautiful thing and I was going to wait until she came around to liking me. Regret filled me as I saw that we were starting to turn tides. She was beginning to like me despite her harsh words. Even if she showed no indication of it.

I just had to stick with it a little longer. Try a little harder.

What I did was so dishonorable. Disrespectful and abusive against any female let alone a luna. We didn't even have a law for it because males hardly ever did something that could hurt their mates. It was given.

It was a spilt second decision to mark her. I wanted to do it but I never intended to go forward with it. I wanted to know who it was. No, I needed to know. I had considered this method earlier but I had dismissed it countless times. Atlas I couldn't hold it in, I had to make her mine.

And now we have lost her forever. She would never trust us again. Any hope for forgiveness was gone. She belonged to us now. I had marked her. But she would never be ours in mind and soul. She would probably hate us and keep hating us forever.

My tears renew at the thought.

"Blaze?" Dex called out and I look from where I sat at the door to see him standing there looking down at me. He must have been waiting for me in my office.

He frowned at my disheveled state. The blood dripping down my shirt. Her scent on me.

It didn't take long for him to connect the dots. His expression fell as he realized. Within a second's notice, I was pulled up and slammed against the wall.

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY DAUGHTER?" He shouted at me. I didn't fight back. I deserved whatever he did to me. I still needed time to digest what I saw and what I did.

The sleepless nights, the pain, the grief we had cased, her premature shift all alone and the tortures she was put through by someone, the number of days she had gone hungry and starved, I thought she had healed faster than me because she was gifted, but that wasn't the case, her body had to adjust to the amount of damage done to it and she had to learn to live with the pain until she started to heal unnaturally fast. I couldn't believe such inhumane methods still existed.

What was worse however was the rape. My mate was raped. She didn't give it up willingly, she was forced. And I had done something just as bad if not worse to her.

"WHAT DID YOU DO?" Dex slammed me again and I broke down crying. His expression morphed into concern and sadness for his daughter who still laid in the cell locked up. I didn't even let her go despite having tied her to me and I haven't sent anyone down to check on her. She would probably go berserk.