Chapter 28

Early the next morning, Zhou Shuo was sent out to buy the things mentioned by Xia Liang.

However, it was not until noon before Xia Liang saw Zhou Shuo opening the door with his shoulders drooping, carrying a deflated plastic bag in his hand. 

Xia Liang couldn't wait to ask, "Did you buy everything?"

Zhou Shuo silently handed the plastic bag to Xia Liang. Xia Liang opened it and found that there were only a few boxes of pregnancy test kits and no other drugs were found.

"Where is the abortion pill?" Xia Liang asked.

Zhou Shuo hesitated and said, "Brother Liang, it's not certain whether you are pregnant or not so..." 

"So you didn't go to the hospital?"

Zhou Shuo lowered his head and said nothing.

"You just bought a few boxes of pregnancy tests?" 

Zhou Shuo still said nothing.

"Just bought a few boxes of pregnancy tests then hang around outside for the whole morning?"

Xia Liang's anger came from nowhere. In fact, he doesn't know exactly why he is so angry but somehow, he just wants to get angry.

But when he saw Zhou Shuo standing there with his hands down and looking like "I admit my mistake", he finally suppressed the pressure of the anger in his heart and calmed down his tone. 

"Okay, don't just stand here. I ordered takeaway and placed it on the dining table. You can go and eat something first."

Zhou Shuo nodded and went to the kitchen. Xia Liang waited for Zhou Shuo to leave, then took out the pregnancy test to read the instructions carefully. He then took the box and shut his self in the bathroom.

Zhou Shuo actually didn't have any appetite. He wandered at the entrance of the hospital alone all morning but in the end, he couldn't even step into the door. 

Xia Liang instructed him to go to Song Yan if he couldn't get the abortion medicine the normal way.

But he didn't want to find Song Yan, he didn't even want another person to know about it. 

This is a secret between him and Xia Liang. He wants to protect this secret silently and does not want anyone to intervene or destroy it.

Holding the fast food box, he ate a few mouthfuls of food and then heard the door of the bathroom close.

He choked with a mouthful of rice in his throat. Unable to swallow the food, he put down his bowl and chopsticks and tiptoed to the bathroom door. He pricked his ears to hear the movement inside but the soundproofing of this apartment is so good that Zhou Shuo couldn't hear what was going on inside.

After about a quarter of an hour, Xia Liang still did not come out. Zhou Shuo was a little anxious while he waited. Although he is not sure how effective the pregnancy test is, if it is just a urine test, a quarter of an hour is enough.

He wandered a few steps outside the door and finally couldn't help but knock on the door and tentatively ask, "Brother Liang, are you inside?"

Xia Liang did not answer him. Zhou Shuo became more anxious in his heart. 

He waited for a while and knocked on the door again, "Brother Liang, are you...are you okay? Are you uncomfortable?"

He asked several times before he heard the sound of the door being opened. Xia Liang walked out silently, looking pale.

Zhou Shuo carefully observed his expression and asked, "Brother Liang, have you tested it? How is it?" 

Xia Liang still ignored him, walked into the living room vainly, and buried himself in the sofa.

"Brother Liang..." 

Zhou Shuo followed and held Xia Liang's hand, only to find that Xia Liang's fingers were frighteningly cold. 

He was shocked and once again looked at Xia Liang's almost gray complexion. He seemed to have some insight.

"Brother Liang, is it... really?"

Xia Liang curled up, buried his face in his arms, and said weakly, "Don't stay in front of me. I will get upset when I see you. If you don't want to be scolded, just roll away."

Zhou Shuo knew that Xia Liang had resentment against him, after all, after what happened, Xia Liang was the biggest victim. 

Except for Zhou Shuo's stronger passion than before, he didn't have much sequelae. However, Xia Liang was pregnant with this child because of an accident and his whole life was disrupted.

Zhou Shuo still held one of Xia Liang's hands. 

Gently sitting next to the sofa mat, he whispered, "Brother Liang, I'm not going anywhere. I'll be here with you. "

"I don't need you to accompany me," Xia Liang said in a muffled voice after a long while, "You just need to get me abortion drugs."

Zhou Shuo was silent for a long time, muttering in a low and inaudible voice, "Brother Liang, can we... give birth to the baby?"

Xia Liang raised his head suddenly and looked at Zhou Shuo incredulously. 

"What did you say?" 

Zhou Shuo took a deep breath and bit the bullet and said, "Can you...not kill the child? It is innocent..."

Xia Liang stared at Zhou Shuo for a while and a cold smile gradually appeared at the corner of his mouth. 

"Are you kidding? It's innocent, what about me?"

Zhou Shuo lowered his eyes, avoiding Xia Liang's gaze. He knew that his request was very selfish and absurd and Xia Liang did not swear at him immediately, which was already the greatest tolerance.

The two faced each other in silence for a long time before Xia Liang realized that Zhou Shuo was holding his hand in his palm. 

With a shake of his hand, he broke free, sat up straight, and looked at Zhou Shuo. 

"You actually didn't plan to get the abortion drugs from the beginning, don't you?"

"I..." 

Zhou Shuo stayed seated on the ground, raising his face to look at Xia Liang.

"Brother Liang, I really can't help this heart. When I thought that it's also a small life, I couldn't help it."

He saw blue veins appearing on Xia Liang's face. There seemed to be faint signs of anger so he hurriedly said, "Brother Liang, don't get angry. Touch your belly, it's in your body, it's connected with you. Brother Liang, can you really bear it?"