Chapter 38

Charlottes PoV

I expected him to head outside but he was walking through the house. Maybe he wasn't going out? Or maybe he was meeting someone in the pack house?
He headed from the office and down the hall, into the kitchen and then into the large utility room that we didn't really use. I Waited outside the kitchen, trying to listen to what he was doing.
It sounded like he opened another door. I waited a couple of minutes and after I didn't hear anything I walked into the kitchen, trying to look as casual as possible.
Liam was in there and smiled at me.
I smiled back and scanned the room looking for Adam.
I frowned when Adam was no where to be seen.
Liam watched me very carefully as I walked towards the utility room.
"Hey... Um, whatcha doinnn?" Liam tried to ask casually.
I ignored him as I entered the utility and scanned the room for Adam.
Once again, he wasn't there.
I then I noticed the door in the corner. Usually this was locked, and right now, even though it was shut, it was unlocked.
I frowned again, realising that I didn't even know what was through this door. As I walked towards it Liam stalked behind me.
"Hey, Charlotte. Do you want to go for a walk? A catch up! Yeah that's a good idea! Come on.." he grabbed my arm and tried to drag me away.
My fox let out a huge growl and I shrugged Liam off.
I grabbed the door handle and at that point Liam grabbed my hand.
"I... I can't let you.." Liam stammered.
I realised Adam must have ordered him to keep me out of here but his wolf was clearly unhappy about challenging his Luna.
Again I growled at him.
"And how do you intend to stop me" I threatened him.
I used my other hand remove Liam's hand from mine and opened the door.
This time Liam didn't follow me.
I headed down a steep set of stairs I'm almost complete darkness.
I could hear movement ahead off me.
There were loud thuds followed by deep groans.
I blinked back the tears, determined to see it with my own eyes and rushed towards the noise.

A/N

Sorry for the short chapter! Hope you liked it!