twenty-eight

Lettie paced in the hallway in front of her room. They did have an infirmary specifically for animals, since the mafia members had a lot of pets, They even had a wolf of their own who helped in missions, but since the puppies needed their whelping box, they called the vet there.

"Will she be okay? Will the puppies be okay? And where the heck is Toni!" She screeched, increasing her pace.

Lucius pulled her into a hug.

"Stop worrying. The brat will be fine okay? And your other brat will be here in a few minutes. He's getting checked over." He soothed her. Lettie rested her head on her brother's shoulder, taking his word for it.

After all, Luci never lied.

Thirty minutes ago.

Once Lettie was done giving Mara some love, toni was immediately in front of her, rolled over on his back, demanding belly rubs.

Mara huffed and retreated to Lettie's bedroom, while Toni laid on the ground in the living room, getting his belly rubs from Lettie.

"You're such a good boy Toni!" She said in a baby voice, hugging toni and then moving away to get her bags, which the guards had started bringing in.

As soon as she turned around though, Toni ran and jumped on Lettie. So now she stood with a 45 pound dog in her arms who was too busy licking her cheek.

Toni thought he was still a puppy sometimes and he made her carry him all the time. Again, she spoiled him too much.

"Come on brat you're not a pup anymore." Lucius snorted at the dog in his sister's arms.

Toni only made a noise, huffed and licked lettie's cheek again, making her laugh.

"You're still my handsome little diva aren't you?" She spoke in baby voice, kissing his face. Toni had a doggie smile on his face and his eyes closed as his human showered him in love.

"I missed you so much" She buried her face in his fur. He must have been to the groomers because he smelled like jelly beans.

A maid ran downstairs to the living room in panic.

"Ms Romano, Mara just went into labour. She's whimpering really loud." She informed.

Lettie ran upstairs with Toni still in her arms. Yeah she was having an intense workout with that.

"Call the infirmary and tell the vet to come here this instant." She faintly heard her oldest brother order someone.

She ran to her room and put Toni down, who walked over to Mara's side. Mara nudged her snout in lettie's hand, whining.

Which brings us to now.

The puppies were birthed and now they were getting checked by the vet. Toni was in the other room getting his monthly check up done.

The vet walked out of the room with a huge smile on his face.

"The puppies and their mom are completely fine!" He told them. Lettie sighed I relief and snuggled into Lucius more, so he kissed her hair and rubbed her back.

"See? She's okay. The puppies are fine too." Lucius smiled at her.

"Yeah." She mumbled, now looking exhausted.

"When did you last sleep, princess?" Lucius asked just as Toni came out, leading to his question being ignored.

"Well, I would keep Toni away from Mara and the pups for a few days so the pups don't get infections, father dogs are generally disinterested in their pups so it shouldn't be a problem, but just in case Toni gets attached- that is if you decide to keep the puppies, everyone should be away from the puppies for at least a week unless the puppies can't latch onto their mother to feed. After that, they will leave the welding box. Usually the mother shifts them away herself, but if she trusts her owner, she will make them do it. If Toni doesn't get attached to his pups, he might become jealous of their and Mara's closeness with you, since he was the only one with you for so many years." The vet explained and Lettie listened attentively.