Chapter 42

KAYLIE'S POV

I sprinted back to Sasha's, the never fading smile was as if plastered on my face. I could not stop smiling as the heat traveled to my cheeks.

I was all happy until my eyes laid on stepmom, Patrick's mother instead. I inhaled deep as I tried to ignore her on my way back.

"Kaylie.." she said, and I almost cursed heavens for it to happen. I was not ready for any sort of conversation but I turned back to look at her but not reciprocate her glance. My eyes were down, somewhere I do feel guilty to her, I was rude since I thought she ruined my family.

-I lost something I never had
but still it hurts so bad.

"You can come to the shop as an employee at least, we can pay you like always." My fists clenched at her tone of speaking and moreover at myself always being pathetic.

"I'll manage" I said as I turned again to walk back, what more could I say?

"Don't be stupid. Where are you living? At a sauna, huh? Trying to be all innocent or self sufficient, or are you staying with some man.", my blood boiled but I decided to ignore as I squeezed my eyes and rushed back. Again, a cry reserved for night. I sighed.

" You are early! " exclaimed Sasha as she saw me and I returned her smile.

" Taehyung is here, I'm gonna meet up with him. " I said, regaining the mood.

"ooooo" she whistled, "what are you wearing?"

"Umm.. Maybe some jeans and shirt?"

"Oh girl you are so lame"

She got me by my wrist, dragging me in her room. My eyes widened at the look of her closet, she probably invested three fourth of her income on this. Examining all her dresses she finally picked up a grey short dress, "No! It doesn't seem comfortable to me."

"Shut up, fashion surpasses comfort."

"I don't wanna be uncomfortable"

"Just tell me, is it pretty?"

"Umm... Yesss"

"Then it's final", she pushed the dressed in my hands and forced me into the bathroom to change. It wasn't as uncomfortable as I thought it to be and it looked nice and cool.

I paired it with my white sneakers and Sasha helped me with some light makeup

"Oh! Girl you are killing it!!" she said as she smirked and I looked at my reflection in the mirror, after a long time, I felt confident.

"Thanks, beanie" I said and soon I saw the smile on her lips fade as she looked down. I used to call her beanie when we were friends.

"I am sorry, Kaylie." she said as looked up to meet my eyes. I could look down her eyes that she wasn't lying.

"Sasha, can we just get along?"
Silence.

"Look, we are kinda stuck together so why not make the best out of it. Besides I hate fighting with someone who's suppose to be on my side." I said and almost in an instant I felt her body pressed against me as she took me in a hug.

"Okay, now do you intend to make me cry when I have just finished with my makeup?"

She parted and looked at me, a broad smile plastered on her face, "don't worry, it's waterproof." It made me chuckle and relieved.

"Okay, I need to go, it's already 4:30, I need to be there by five"

"Oh Kay, bye. All the best."

"Yeah byee."

I was still in the Uber when my phone rang.

"Taehyung"

[Yup?]

[I am here]

[I am almost there]

[Cool]

[How can I find you?]

[I am under the tree beside the lake]

[OH! What are you wearing?]

[white shirt, black beanie.
You can make out me cause I am
wearing a mask and no one else
seems to wear it here]

A mask? Honestly I was a bit disappointed. But alright I guess, he works in music industry and I guess it's because of that.

[I see. When I come here and you
see me, wave at me so I can get it]

[What color are you wearing?]

[Grey]

[Oh okay]

Time for some sleek revenge. An evil smirk crept my face.

[Ah listen, just waving is considered rude here]

[Eh? Then?]

[We wave with one hand in air and moving our waists in circles]

[No way, that's embarrassing]

[No, it's not embarrassing here. It's just how we do it]

[Really?]

[Yes]

[You aren't pranking me, right?]

[Why would I? Don't you trust me?]

[Yeah I do. Circular motion, you mean like a hula hoop?]

[Yeah yeah]

[Oh I just reached]

I got off the car and looked in the direction of the tree and he was literally doing what I told him. Oh my God! That's damn funny, I can just roll down on the ground laughing, but I cannot. I waved back at him. He's so cute. I turned back to pay the bill, evidently trying hard to control my laughter.