Ch. 24 - DAMNATIO MEMORIAE

Avalon's outfit:

Chapter Twenty-Four🌒 Damnatio Memoriae 🌘

Chapter Twenty-Four
🌒 Damnatio Memoriae 🌘

Liam, Avalon and Mason walked through the halls of the highschool as Liam explained what he found out the night before. "I went to the club, looking for Hayden, and there's Josh. Standing there completely alive. Just like Hayden and Avalon. Because of Theo." Liam explained and Avalon nodded slightly.

"Theo brought them back. He's building a pack. Why he thought it would be a good idea to bring me back is beyond me." She said and Mason nodded slightly, "His own pack of dead Chimeras." He said in a questioning tone and Avalon shrugged slightly.  "I don't know about you I feel pretty alive." She said and Liam shook his head slightly, "But they're not the same. Avalon has fire powers now and there was something about Hayden. There was something wrong about her." Liam said and Mason thought for a second.

"Maybe that's what dying does to you? What if it-what if it, like, darkens your soul? What if they're all evil now?" Mason said and Avalon pursed her lips, "I don't think I'm evil. At most I just have less patience. So, I don't think that's how it works." She said.

Just then, the entrance doors open, making the three of them jump slightly and look over and an alive, cheerful looking Corey walking into the school. When he sees then standing there, he walks over to them, "Hey, guys! Are you volunteering for the library clean-up, too?" He asked with a bright smile on his face.

The three of them are all flabbergasted to see him alive and it takes them a moment to process his resurrection. Liam and Mason both stammer their response at the same time, "Yeah..." / "Yes... Yeah!" They said awkwardly while Avalon Avalon nodded slightly.

"Definitely not how it works."

A few minutes later Liam and Avalon stood at one of the tables and stacks books while they listen to Mason, who has just approached Corey at one of the bookshelves. Mason looks very nervous and unsure of what to say, "So..." He started making Corey looks up at him, "You're alive." He said and Corey nodded.

"Yeah." He said and there was an awkward silence for a moment making Avalon and Liam both cringe as Avalon set a stack of books down. "Right, I'm not listening to this train rack anymore." She said before grabbing a different stack of books and walking over to bookshelf father away.

She started placing books down when someone walked up to her. "We need to talk." Theo said making Avalon hum and look at him with raised eyebrows, "Do we?" She asked. "Yeah your apart of my pack, you're with me now-" Theo said and Avalon cut her off by laughing, "I apart of your pack? Yeah, no." Avalon said and Theo raised his eyebrows.

"I brought you back to live. The least you could do is be thankful." He said and she squinted slightly, "Thankful? Do you know how hard it is to come up with a decent lie to my parents as to why I've been missing for six day because no one had the heart to tell my poor parents that I died because I was some fail science experiment? You can take my thanks and shove it up your ass." She said and went to walk away.

"Then I guess you dont want to know what your other supernatural part is. The reason so your fire powers." Theo said making Avalon pause, "I can tell you. If you join me." He said and she turned around and walked over to him. "How about you tell me or I rip your tongue out?" She suggested and he chuckled slightly and nodded.

"You're a Pyro Witch." He said and she furrowed her brows, "What the hell is that?" She asked. "It's a rare kind of witch. One whose magic revolves mainly around fire. You were a failed Chimera because witches' magic doesn't come in until something tragic happens to them." He said and she nodded slightly. "Thanks for the information. Still not part of your pack." She said before smiling and walking away.

🌒

There was a knock at the door making Malia sigh, "Scott, I already told you. I can't help you-" Malia said as she opened the door before cutting herself off when she saw Avalon standing there. "Well, I'm definitely not Scott." Avalon said and Malia stared at her in shock, "Scott said you were alive... I didn't believe him..." Malia said and Avalon smiled at raised her eyebrows.

"Believe him now?" Avalon asked and Malia didn't say anything as she just grabbed Avalon's face, pulling her into a kiss. Avalon instantly kissed her back as she grabbed Malia's wrist slightly. After the moment they slowly pulled away and rested their foreheads together. "Sorry I didn't come by sooner. I've been busy with my parents and my brother." Avalon said and Malia nodded, "It's okay." She said before Avalon pulled her back down into a kiss.

There was a loud thud from inside the house making Avalon pull back slightly, "What was that?" She asked. "Nothing." Malia said and Avalon raised her eyebrows making Malia sigh, "I'm trying to find my mom... to kill her." She said and Avalon nodded slightly. "That's fair." She said and Malia look at her shocked, "You're not gonna try to stop me?" She asked and Avalon shook her head.

"If you're going as far as to killing someone work out the affected of a full moon, then you must have a pretty good reason." Avalon said and Malia stared at her for a moment, "She caused the crash. That was the memory I saw." She said and Avalon nodded. "Pretty damn good reason to go after then. Want any help?" Avalon asked and Malia grabbed her hand, pulling her into the house.

They walked in to find Braeden in the ground, wrestling some man who was holding a knife making Avalon raise her eyebrows. "Avalon, good to see you alive." Braeden said and Avalon nodded slowly, "Good to see you too." She said. "Did you get anything out of him?" Malia asked and Braeden gave her a look, "Not yet!"

Malia kicked the man, making him drop his knife before they pulled him up, pinning him to the mantle. "You think you can make me talk? I am Spetsnaz, Soviet Special Forces. In battle, we kill our own wounded." The man said and Braeden pushed her arm against his neck mak g him groan, "You could tear out my fingernails, cut my lips with razors... I'll still say nothing." He said.

Avalon walked over to look at some papers on the table. "Says here that his section is out of work and broke, what about a bribe?" She suggested as she read the paper, "You won't get a word out of me." The man said and Braeden raised her eyebrows. "What if we paid you $10,000?" Braeden asked, catching the man off guard.

A few minutes the three girls stood in front if the man as be held a stack if cash. "The Desert Wolf was last seen close to the Canadian border. She won't travel by plane. She will stay away from surveillance cameras when she can." He said and Braeden nodded slightly, "Then we still have some time." She said.

"There's another reason she won't fly- she's not traveling alone." The man said making them glance at each other, "What do you mean?" Avalon asked. "She has a hostage. An animal doctor." He said making their eyes widen as Malia and Avalon looked at each other for a moment.

"Deaton."