XXXV

After the wedding night, Eliana woke up and realized her head is resting on something warm. On someone's chest. She could hear Rafael breathing calmly right next to her.

When he was sleeping he looked kind of cute. Not dangerous at all.

They clearly forgot themselves on the wedding night. 

She blushed at the hazy memory of that night. She had sex with him, Rafael Vincenti was her first. They got lost in the moment and it just happened, it felt surreal. Like a movie. The gentleness in which he touched her... This is not how Eliana imagined him in bed. She thought he was going to be harsh but he was exactly the episode. He was so considerate of her. 

But it was just a mistake. One-night stand. Forgettable. Erasable. Actually never really happened.

Eliana stopped daydreaming as she forced herself to get up and started collecting her clothes scattered on the floor. 

They had such a beautiful wedding reception. After the fiasco with uncle Harvey Eliana thought this day will be ruined for her but no. They were dancing all night, drinking, and laughing, and Rafael for once looked relaxed and happy. It was impossible to not fell in love with his beautiful brown eyes when he was smiling.

And now... now she was in his bedroom and he was asleep. Completely unguarded. Eliana, for a moment, could admire his muscular body, thankfully bedsheets were not doing a good job at covering his chest. Gosh, I need to stop staring.

She was a mess. 

🔆 Now 🔆

"Pregnant," I repeated after Alex. Alex was Eva's boyfriend and also he was a doctor.  

"Congratulations"

Holy shit she was pregnant with Rafael's Vincenti offspring. No, this can't be happening. Absolutely not.

In a few months, their"relationship" will be over and she will never see him again. She must stick to that scenario. He won't be present in her future. Moreover, she couldn't predict in what way he will react. 

"I need to have an abortion"

She was afraid. She knew she would be a terrible mother. She was screwing up the job of raising Casey and Casey for the most part was old enough to take care of herself. 

"I can get a list of several clinics for you" Alex responded.

"Thank you," Eliana said, she felt numb. She was in shock. "Alex," she said, my voice shaky.

"Yes?" Alex asked his eyes started shining with concern when he saw her expression.

"I need a favour"

🔆🔆🔆

As Eliana left the doctor's office with shaky hands she gave a call to the clinic.

"Hello, Dr Williams Office, this is Emily how may I help you?"

"Hi, I would like to schedule the appointment"

"Sure, I can help you with that. I can offer an appointment on Tuesday, Thursday, or Saturday. Which day would work better for you?"

She paused to think about it for a minute.

"Saturday"

"We have appointments at 8 am or 9 am"

"8 am works. Thank you"

Eliana hung up and went to the car. Giovanni was waiting for two hours for her and Eliana ignored a call from Rafael. 

"The doctor said I have mild anemia. That's why I fainted. I got meds and I will defines be fine. There's no need to tell Rafael about this" Eliana told Giovanni her cover story. 

"Are you sure you don't want to tell Mr Vincenti about this?" Giovanni asked.

"Yes"

"Okay, I'm not gonna force you. Just know that I am risking my head here. Literally" Giovanni rubbed the back of his neck in a nervous gesture.

"Thank you, really," Eliana said feeling grateful. Giovanni nodded and started driving them home.

Did she just say home? She meant Rafael's house.

🔆🔆🔆

Eliana sat at the dinner with Casey, Remi, and Milo. It was hard to believe how much they hated each other at the beginning and how they treat Casey like a part of their family.

As she heard Casey's carefree laughter her heart started hurting. She was happy here, in this house. But when she was living only with me she had two dominating moods: sad or angry. The change in her behaviour only convinced Eliana that she is not fit to be a parent.

Somehow, the vision of Eliana maybe inheriting her parents' fortune in a few months didn't bring her any joy. How will Casey react when she learns that it was all a contract? That Rafael and Eliana just had a deal? It will break her heart.

"Hey, are you alright?" Milo asked, "You look like you're about to cry"

"Eliana, what's up?" Casey asked, seeing it too.

"Nothing. I'm just tired. I didn't get enough sleep yesterday, it's better if I go lie down now. Goodnight." Eliana said and got up to get to her room as quick as she possibly can to burst out in tears.

🌑🌑🌑

When Eliana woke up Rafael was sitting on the edge of the bed, stroking her cheek soothingly with his thumb.

"Are you okay?" He asked gently, "Milo said you went to bed early and haven't eaten anything for dinner" Rafael sounded almost... concerned.

"Yes, everything is fine. I'm just tired"

"Why did you go to sleep on an empty stomach?"

"I wasn't hungry"

"Why? Are you feeling sick?" his concern deepened. 

"No, I'm fine" Eliana protested. 

"Get up then," he said, the traces of gentleness from his voice gone "We're going out"

"What for? Where?"

"I'm taking you out to dinner"

🔆🔆🔆

Guys,

I don't know when the next update is going to be. I need to rewrite chapters at the beginning of the story to make it clear to people what the deal between Eliana and Rafael is.

Wish me luck 😭