[chapter four] bring me to life

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧⋆ ˚。⋆

Aires pov...

After sneaking out of the Stilinski house at the crack of dawn, I wasted no time running to the loft and slipping through my bedroom window. It wasn't Laura's howl last night- and it wasn't one I recognised, one I could place in my mind.

After hearing the howl last night, an endless amount of questions flooded my mind- taunting me in my sleep. I didn't like the uneasiness that coarser it's way through me, the feeling of the unknown. I didn't like the questions that continued to form in my head every fucking minute, questions I had possibly answers to. Some that I didn't want to think about, however some I couldn't ignore.

Glancing at the clock, I let out a small sigh before running my fingers through my hair. Almost ten am and I had only showered and changed- nowhere near the start of my to-do list before I eventually would rush of to school. I was barley going to make it to school in time for lunch if I didn't pull my shit together.

A hundred unread texts and thirty missed calls from Stiles forced a sigh out of my mouth, I hated ignoring him, however, I had pressing questions that needed answering. I couldn't allow myself to get consumed within whatever drama they were having- I had to focus.

Laura was my priority.

My wrists ached as I snatched the books off of the counter top, serving as a reminder of why I stopped roaming the woods at night years ago. Trouble, they always lead to trouble.

Without looking back, I threw on my leather jacket and slipped out the bathroom, ready to get answers for questions I never thought I would have to ask.

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧⋆ ˚。⋆

Aires pov...

After fifteen minutes of practically sprinting through the woods, I found myself staring at the house I once called home- though it was nothing more than a house to me anymore. I didn't want to be around it, didn't like to see it, didn't want anything to do with it. The house was where my family died, where my step dad used to beat the shit out of me. Whilst it was full of good memories, it was haunted by the bad

I could practically hear my mother cursing my name from beyond the grave as I quickly ran up the steps and flew into the house. I knew what I was doing was dangerous- incredibly stupid and would probably end with me being sent away had my mother even alive.

However, I pushed aside the thoughts as I snatched a few jars off of the shelve and shoved them into my bag along with a map.

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

Without wasting another second, I quickly ran out the house and slammed the door closed behind me, ignoring the shivers that raced through my body.

Get away from the house.

As my fingers brushed over my necklace, my feet came to a sudden stop, compelled by a stronger force. Slowly, my eyes scanned the trees around me, searching for the pairs of eyes I could feel burning into my soul.

"No."

The breathless whisper left my lips before I could stop it, before I could process what was happening. She was dead, the woman in front of me was dead- which meant it was a warning.

A warning from the ancestors.

With a string shake of my head, I forced my dizzy body to race through the woods, ignoring the nausea that shot through my body repeatedly. They were fucking with my head, the necklace gave theme power to do so.