247. There Was A Gigantic Cake

He Yujuan and the Qiao family members couldn't bring themselves to follow the waiter to their booth after what happened.

Meanwhile, at Qiao Nian's party.

It the booth that wasn't available to the public.

Some of the dishes were served already.

Qiao Nian found a seat and sat down unceremoniously.

Ye Wangchuan immediately sat down nest to her. Meanwhile, Jiang Li wasn't as fast as Jiang Zongjin and lost the other seat to him. Others strolled into the booth as they discussed what He Yujuan said to the waiter.

Qiao Nian rested her hand against her chair and she replied to someone on her phone.

Ye Wangchuan smiled as he leaned closer to her. He then asked softly next to her ear, ''Was that what you meant by humiliating them by yourself?"

[Nie: I'm on my way.]

Qiao Nian saw the message and replied with an ''Okay''.

She kept het phone and looked at him. She answered, ''Not exactly. I just couldn't stand seeing them pretened as though nothing had happened!"

She was waiting for someone from the Red Alliance.

She would make Qiao Chen's life a living hell after she got the evidence that she was the one who pushed Chen Chen.

She had collected some evidence already.

It was enough to ruin her reputation.

''That's why you angered them of purpose?" Ye Wangchuan asked as he realized that she had a temper as well. However, it was cute cute wasn't annoying to him.

''Yup...'' Qiao Nian didn't continue this conversation.

She passed a new bottle of gum to the kid and started to chat with him.

Other dishes continued to be served in the booth. They even prepared a gigantic cake....

It wasn't as joyful in the other booth.

The Qiao family wad speechless.

No one was in the mood of celebration.

Qiao Chen's eyes were teary as she lowered her head. She was close to cry.

Fu Ge patted her on the shoulder and tried to comfort her with anger in his eyes, ''It's alright Chen Chen. Don't be affected by her. She could only do this by leveraging on Young Master Ye.''

Qiao Chen remained silent as her eyes became more cloudy.

Even though she leveraged on Ye Wangchuan, there was no denying that she managed to humiliate them just now!

She couldn't bring herself to remember how humiliating it was for her just now.

The dishes started to arrive.

He Yujuan took a deep breath to calm herself down and then stood up and forced a smile. She picked up her cup of tea and spoke to the Caucasian man, ''Mr. Steven, here's a toast for you to thank you for attending my granddaughter's birthday party.''

Steven was invited by Tang Wei. He took a look at Qiao Chen's winning piece and had a food impression of her. Hence, he lifted his wine and closed glasses with her. He then said, ''Madam Qiao, you're too kind.''

Their interaction lightened up the mood immediately.

Qiao Chen felt better after she realized that there was someone like Steven at her party. She then swallowed her tears.

As He Yujuan and Steven conversed , the party became more lively.

At this moment.

Someone opened the door.

Everyone looked at the person-

It was a young man, and an old guy was following behind him. He was wearing a normal shirt and nothing was outstanding about him.

However, he was carrying something. An instrument that was shaped like a harp.

Shen Qiongzhi was puzzled. She turned to Qiao Weimin and asked, ''Who's that? Did you invite that person?''