NINETY-SEVEN

- Chapter Ninety-Seven -
"You're the crazy ones."

Elladora didn't move all night

Elladora didn't move all night. She stayed in her one position on the sofa, staring into the orange flames until people started coming downstairs for the next day of classes, ready to slack off since the exams were already done and out of the way. Tears had been leaking onto her cheeks throughout every hour, every minute, every second and when morning came she had none left.

The first two periods were skipped and she spent all of third period forcing herself to get up out of her bed which she had retreated to and to get dressed so she could go and find Remus to explain herself. She had desperately wanted to the previous night but he had gone before she could find him, so the next day was the best fit.

It took some effort to get changed with her weary body but she was soon ready and on her quest to find Remus.

"Lily." Her voice came out hoarse, surprising her but she didn't quite know what she expected after crying all night and not talking since her heavy argument with Remus which put a weight on her shoulders every time she even dared to think about it. She put her hand to her chest and cleared her throat as the red-haired beauty whirled around to face her.

"Elladora." She greeted with a smile, bounding up to her like everything was okay; the sight of her shimmering green eyes and dazzling smile made Elladora's heart ache whilst she thought of Remus' words the previous night. The assumption of her wanting or hating Lily for any reason still stinging even after a night of complete numbness.

"Hi," She breathed out, sniffling slightly whilst wiping her now extremely sweaty palms on her jumper as Lily tilted her head at her, still grinning despite her slight confusion at her friend's seemingly nervous demeanour. "Do-do you know where Remus is?"

"I haven't seem him all day." Lily shook her head slowly, lips pursed in thought and Elladora also nodded slowly along to whatever she was saying. "I think he's taking a day off, still up in his dorm I think."

"Right thanks." She said quietly and went to brush past the girl, slightly comforted by the fact that Remus hadn't completely disregarded her and gone on with his life as normal, but before she could make her way past Lily, she had grabbed her arm.

Elladora didn't wince, didn't even show the slightest bit of pain because it had burning all night and she had welcomed it with open arms after the excruciatingly painful argument with Remus. The only reason she stopped and snapped her head around was because for a small moment, she imagined it being Remus' hand on her arm, tugging her back to him before rolling up her sleeve and unveiling the secret she had tried so hard to keep.

"Are you okay?" Lily asked her, no longer smiling and instead almost frowning in concern with her behaviour. "I haven't seen you all day either, you and Remus missed three periods."

"I'm fine." She took her arm away from Lily who flinched slightly at how harsh she had been but Elladora didn't have time to feel bad, she just wanted to find Remus and apologise so sincerely; explain everything, tell him everything, hope he understands. "I just need to find my boyfriend."