chapter 44

"Beautiful day" Hermione says as we're walking through the courtyard.

"Gorgrous. Unless, of course, you've been ripped to pieces!" Ron says.

"Ripped to pieces? What're you talking about?" Harry asks as I roll my eyes.

"Ronald has lost his rat" Hermione says.

"I haven't lost anything! Your cat killed him!"

"Rubbish"

"Harry, Y/N, you've seen the way that bloodthirsty beast of hers is always lurking about. And Scabbers is gone"

"Well maybe you should learn to take better care of your pets!" Hermione bits.

"Your cat killed him!" Ron says.

"Did not" Hermione argues.

"Did"

"Didn't"

"Okay, we get it" I say, sighing heavily.

The 4 of us make our way to Hagrid, who was in the lake, skipping stones. I smile as I see him, then greet him, the others doing the same.

"How'd it go Hagrid? The hearing?" Hermione asks.

"Well, first off, the committee members took turns takin' about why we were there" Hagrid says, then skips a stone really far "Then I got up, did my piece, said how Buckbeak was a good hippogriff, always cleaned his feathers. And then, Lucius Malfoy got up. Well, you can imagine, he said Buckbeak was a deadly and dangerous creature who would kill ya as soon as he look at ya" Hagrid says, scoffing and skipping another stone.

"And then?" I ask.

"And then he asked for the worst, did old Lucius" Hagrid says.

"They're not sacking you" Ron says.

"No, I'm not sacked" Hagrid says and skips another stone. He then stops as he looks down "Buckbeak's been sentenced to death!" Hagrid says, then pauses before chucking a stone in the water in anger.

~~~~~

"Y/N, a moment please" Remus asks as I'm making my way to the Great Hall with the trio.

"Oh, sure. I'll meet you guys there" I say.

"Okay" Harry says, Ron nodding his head and Hermione smiling, before the 3 walk off.

"Come with me" Remus says and leads me to his classroom.

Once we both get inside, he locks the door, then takes me up to his office.

"Are you aware of a man named Peter Pettigrew?" Remus asks.

"Yeah. Dad told me about him the first time I visited him" I say.

"Do you know about the Marauder's Map?"

"Yes. It's the map of the castle made by the Marauders. You, dad, James and Pettigrew"

"Well, Harry had the map in his possession. I have no idea how, but he was wondering the corridors at night and said he saw Pettigrew in the map"

"I knew he was alive!" I say, lightly hitting my fist on a table "That stupid annoying git! He's the reason Lily and James are dead"

"I know, but I'm telling you this because I want you to be careful. You know your father is wanted, but I feel he's going after Pettigrew. Pettigrew could use you as leverage" Remus says.

"Like I'd let him" I say, chuckling.

"Good. Now do you know how Harry came into possession of it in the first place?" Remus asks.