27

It had been a few days since Victoria and Ross' moment. Let's say she wasn't uncomfortable around him (well, maybe at the very beginning) and was now at her little space.

Victoria was now more clingy with him, which meant, he was having a difficult time because he also had work to do, even if he would like to spend much time with her.

"Daddy, can we watch a movie? Pleease?"

"Baby, I told you I need to finish with this paperwork. We've alredy watched one this morning, didn't we?" Ross said, not really looking at her as he was anxiously searching for a pen on his desk. He let out a sigh of relief once he found it.

"But daddy!"

"Vicky, we've alredy talked about this. Why don't you go watch it for me, so when Daddy finishes here he can go cuddle with you?"

She stubbornly huffed and crossed her arms, and Ross couldn't get angry at that. In other circumstances, he would have chuckled at that, but he knew neither of them were in the mood. Also, he couldn't blame her. Ross found cute how dependant she was after that day, and was glad she had had a good time, so he also wanted to spoil her a little.

"Don't be upset, you can pick whichever you want. Why don't you cuddle with Brownie for a while? Ah, and ask Marcus to give you a cookie, yeah?"

Her expression changed after that, quickly nodding and already rushing to his brother.

The man sighed on his seat and ran a hand through his hair. He had a meeting with Williams that day, because they still couldn't find any clues on the traitor matter. The Caruso were all expectant about it, and were hoping they could at least get some information.

So, basically, that meant they all had to work a lot more. Even if they were used to it, that didn't mean they felt stressed about it.

Anyway, Ross kept writing and making a few phone calls for at least one hour, until he recognized William's. He immediately answered, waiting for him to speak.

"Hey Ross, I'm getting there in 10. We need to talk about-"

"Something 'bout Bianco?"

"Uh, no. I still couldn't find something useful, but we need to have a meeting with the Morello soon. The sooner we make a deal about the wineyard, the better"

"Shit, I forgot about that" Ross said, throwing a pen on his desk. He knew he had had a lot going through his mind the past weeks, but it wasn't acceptable to him. "When can we meet?"

"I've already told them tonight-"

"Tonight? Are you serious?"

"Yeah, as I've alredy said, the sooner, the better. Vincenzo's right behind us, Ross, we need to make some business with the Morello now"

"God, alright. But why, of all the places, did it have to be there?"

"Come on, Ross. I know you don't want to go because of her, but it's gonna be quick, as always"

In the end, Ross said it was okay, and hung up before heading to talk to his brothers, alredy feeling a slight headache. The problem wasn't having a meeting. The thing is, Victoria had to go with them, too.

Let's say a mafia's club was... different. And honestly, he knew how the rest of the Caruso would react, but it couldn't be helped at all. The only things that could be seen in those places were naked women and suited men smoking cigarettes talking about business. Ross wanted to kill Williams for choosing that place, but now it wasn't time for that.