06. Library Patrol

the baby project — act one
" almost like a pregnancy "
﹙ 𝗟𝗜𝗕𝗥𝗔𝗥𝗬 𝗣𝗔𝗧𝗥𝗢𝗟. ﹚

     ADDIE SWEENEY SENSES SHE MADE A MISTAKE by granting George Weasley access into, not only her house common room but also her dorm room

     ADDIE SWEENEY SENSES SHE MADE A MISTAKE by granting George Weasley access into, not only her house common room but also her dorm room. Because the boy is the epitome of nosy.

     The book ─ her book ─ was still grasped tightly in George's hand, held high above his head, and completely out of her reach. He also happened to be flicking through the pages, as best he could, with the distance.

     Addie let out a low grunt, feeling something she only ever did when arguing with her two siblings. "George whatever-the-fuck-your-last-name-is Weasley, I'm asking you kindly to return my book," she said, her eyes flicking from her personal possession to his gaze. "That way, I can assure you, there will be no damage done."

     When Addie Sweeney makes threats, she means them. It wasn't as though the contents of her book (her parents named it "Addie's Guide To Life") was embarrassing, or held her deepest darkest secrets that she would never want to utter to anyone, but George Weasley was quite possibly the last person she'd want to show. Joint with his twin brother, Fred. Addie has only ever shown two people ─ two! ─ her advice book; one being her best friend and the other, her older sister. George Weasley has no desired traits that would lead Addie to even consider sharing the information her book held with him.

     Addie was scared. Because she didn't know what to do.

     George's smirk softened to a sympathetic pout, as he cocked his head. Addie watched his arm lower slightly, and her lungs loosened finally. "Well, since you asked so nicely," he said, his arm and the book almost reaching shoulder height.

     Addie let a silent sigh escape her mouth, as she reached an arm forward, ready to take the book from his hands, "Thank you."

     But just as the words came out of her in a relieved hurry, George's smirk had returned, and his arm whisked the book away from her reach once again. "I'm kidding," he chuckled, and within a second, his arm was outstretched above his head, and Addie ground her teeth at the sight. "Of course," he added. Addie wouldn't have been able to tell whether George was prepared to do the right thing and return her book ─ she had been too preoccupied with her alleviation. "You should have predicted that, I'm sorry," he shrugged, his arm rotated behind his head.