scares (requested)

"Mina? Mina, you need to wake up!" You said as you tried to shake your girlfriend awake, the tears stinging your eyes and blurring your vision beginning to fall as you became frantic and anxious after seeing what you saw just a moment ago.

After a few seconds, Mina's eyes opened.

She almost groaned about how dark it was and how she saw that the clock on the wall said it was only a little after three in the morning.

But then, she heard the whimper slip from your lips and none of that seemed to matter anymore.

"What's wrong, baby?" She asked worriedly as she sat up, reaching over to turn the lamp on.

She knew something wasn't right as soon as she saw the tears in your eyes.

"Mina, something's not right." You mumbled.

"What do you mean?" She asked as she reached out to wipe your tears away.

"I woke up and had to go to the bathroom and I saw blood."

That almost made her heart stop altogether.

That's not what anyone wants to hear when you're pregnant and not far along, just a couple of days after hitting the nine-week mark.

She's been on edge, always worrying that something might go wrong.

She knows the risks. She looked them all up online, making sure she knew how to keep you safe throughout this entire journey, as well as the little one you're carrying.

And she knows by now that until you're much further along that you're at risk for something that is extremely terrifying to think about.

She didn't want to say the words and she didn't want to make you panic even more than you already seemed to be, and understandably so.

So she swallowed the lump in her throat and brushed her shaking hand along your soft but damp cheek.

"How much blood? A lot?"

"No. Not much." You mumbled.

"It's probably nothing to worry about. I read that-"

"Mina, can we please just go to the hospital? Just to be safe? Because I'm really scared."

Your words broke her heart and seeing how scared you were, she immediately agreed.

"Okay. We'll go. Everything's okay." She said as she got up and grabbed her shoes as well as yours, pulling hers on before she helped you tie yours.

Your hands were shaking, as were hers, but yours much more.

"Okay, baby. Let's go." She said as she took your hand and led you downstairs, getting you into the car before she drove off to the hospital.

She tried to keep herself calm. She tried to tell remind herself of all the things she read up on situations like these.

People said these things could happen and if the worst happens, which of course must be going through your busy brain, your symptoms would be much more than just a little blood.

You weren't in any pain and there wasn't blood soaking your thighs or your clothes.

But seeing you so scared and so panicked worried her and broke her heart, making her panic along with you because as much as she tried to calm you down with comforting words, it didn't make the situation less scary for you.

"Everything's okay. You're going to be okay, the baby will be okay, my love. I promise." She tried to assure you but you just looked at her with sad eyes and shook your head.

"Mina, you can't promise that."

Sadly, she knew you were right.

She pulled up to the hospital a few minutes later and parked into a spot close to the doors before she got out and rushed to your side.

She lifted you into her arms and rushed through the doors, going right to the desk to tell them about the situation, explaining that you're nine weeks pregnant and bleeding and, understandably, freaked out.

They let you back right away, taking you right back to a room before the doctor came in and asked you some questions.

The minutes dragged by for you. You didn't let go of Mina's hand, holding it tight in yours as you anxiously awaited to find out if something was wrong, which you feared it was.

And to your relief, the doctor did a scan, where it was heard that you and your baby were as healthy as can be.

Mina's eyes were filled with tears. Even though she had the feeling that everything was okay, knowing that it was and hearing that sweet but fast beat of their heart brought her relief.

The doctor explained that what you saw was common, that it happens to many people, and as scary as it can be, a few drops of blood, like what you saw, isn't anything to be concerned about.

But they also told you that they understood the fear you must've felt and that sometimes you just need the comfort and reassurance that everything is fine, promising that if you needed to come back for more they would be happy to help.

They exited the room and you sat up, staring at Mina who sent you a sweet smile.

"Feel better?"

"Yeah. Thanks for bringing me here. I was scared."

"I understand. It must be scary to see, your mind going straight to worst-case scenario. But everything is fine. You're fine, the baby is fine. Just like I told you and promised you, right?" She smiled and pinched your cheeks before kissing your lips.

"Yeah. You're always right."

"Yes, I am." She joked with a laugh. "Come on, my love. Let's get out of here. Maybe we'll get you something to eat on the way home. I bet you and the baby are hungry, right?" She teased with bright eyes and a big smile.

She watched your eyes light up. She knows how intense your cravings can be. She'll happily satisfy them for you.

"Yes!" You grinned and leaned your head on her shoulder as you walked out the doors, so thankful that everything was fine with the little one that you and Mina already love so much.