18. misconduct

018

018

"So you want to report inappropriate behavior conducted by an employee, here?" Hoseok puzzled, stretching for a pen and document from the bottom of his drawer.

She nodded, sitting upright in the seat in front of his desk. "Yes, that's right."

"Generally, misconducts performed in an office such as harassment and Public Displays of Affection are to be reported to the head of Human Resources, you do realize that?" His left eyebrows raised, swapping the pen between his fingers.

She cleared her throat, visibly intimidated by his presence. "I understand, but this includes your executive assistant, and I just think it's better if you hear about it first."

Devora's name instantly came into Hobi's mind, bewildered that somebody would have something to report about her.

She was an astounding assistant, nearly excellent. He found it hard to believe that she would be involved with misconduct or improper behavior within the office. She knew better than that, and Hoseok knew this.

"Alright then." His voice was kept composed, not wanting to jump to any conclusions. "Proceed with your statement, please." His hand signaled, requesting her to speak her mind.

Hoseok wrote down her statement, recording every detail about what occurred between Devora and Jungkook days ago.

According to her, she had been passing by his office when she heard giggles and laughs coming from inside.

When she peeked in from a distance, she claimed to have seen Devora who was trying to play-fight with Jungkook, distracting him and everyone else in the office from doing their jobs with her reckless actions.

She was overly handsy with him and considered it to be a violation of PDA — stating how uncomfortable it made her feel before she took the liberty of walking away, trying to get back to work.

"Oh, and don't you think Devora's way of dressing is a little... too revealing?" She suggested. "She was wearing a very short dress when this happened, it was all just too much."

Hoseok's eyes staggered, stopping his writing for a moment to process her statement.

In his eyes, he never had an issue with the way Devora dressed for work.

It was a fashion industry, wearing dresses made sense under the conditions of what the company revolved around.

Either way, Hoseok never took the time to check her out. He never checked if her skirts were too short because he never felt the urge to look.

He trusted she wouldn't dress provocatively, and staring would just make things worse. The last thing he wanted to do was invade her privacy, or make her feel uncomfortable.

However, he couldn't brush off the thought of how unreasonable it was for her to bring up Devora's way of dressing. It made it seem as though her report had personal judgments behind it.

Once she wrapped up her statement, Hobi took it upon himself to keep this from Devora for a bit. He wanted to hear Jungkook's side of the story, first, before he made any critical decisions about Devora.

They would be showing up again later that same day, deciding it was appropriate to ask him then.

"Thanks for reporting this, Sook." Hoseok spared a bit of his gratitude, giving a flat smile.

She bowed her head, fleeing his office without another word.

Hoseok stepped out after Sook did, adjusting his button-up shirt. "Dev, could you please remind me that I need to speak with Jungkook once they get here, thank you."

Devora obliged, making a note.

Albeit, it was strange seeing Sook walk out of his office. She couldn't help but think about how long she was in there, guessing she must have been talking to him about her work.

Her stomach contorted anxiously, feeling the need to leave out of uneasiness and fear. Her mouth was parched, a ghastly acid taste crimped on her tongue.

Devora put her hand against her forehead, the pounding hammered down to her temples, reverberating through her ears.

'Okay, I need to calm down before I jump to any more conclusions here.' Devora instructed.

Sighing wearily through her gathered red lips, she gazed over at Boseong who sported a lively look.

Strangely, his expression reminded her that she wasn't alone, and if anything were to happen, Boseong would be there for her with no hesitation.

It helped her heart rate ease up, proceeding with her work once as before.

She needed to be more mindful of the way she behaved with Jungkook. Devora was getting too comfortable with him.

˚。⋆ ୨୧⋆。˚