Chapter 40: Stranger Plays Cupid

#2,082

If I had a penny for every heartache I've ever felt I would have become a millionaire up until now sure. Well, but no one gives you pennies for that, do they? All they've to lend are petty assurances for a better time. That's all. We live each day just in a hope that tomorrow will be a better one. 

Each day, every day.  With a wistful sigh. 

~ Aavya, on the night Miher broke her heart.

❋❋❋

Aavya might be having a good day but then it wasn't great and then in a few hours it was about to turn into an amalgamation of many kinds of day. 

For starters, she missed Miher more than she let anyone believe, then she was stressed about Aman and his desperate pursuit of Rose which was followed by things happening with her parents and the workload, and her own desire for doing something. Actually, the missing feeling in her heart was crushing her. It was killing her and her fragile heart behaved as if it would explode any time now. Yet, she endured. She was a tough nut to crack and not someone who would easily run away at the first sight of trouble. She didn't do it then and she was gonna do it now. 

" Come in!" She replied to a knock on her door. She preferred spending most of her time in the seclusion of her tiny yet not-so-tiny office. It had become her sanctuary in these tiring times.

It was her assistant. 

" Aavya ma'am, there have been incessant calls from a hospital. They urgently want Aman sir to fetch some of his reports. It's important.  "

" But Aman isn't in the city. Can we send someone? "

" They are requesting family members to collect them as they are very critical. They were adamant. " Aavya took a moment to ponder on such a weird request.

" Okay! Where is Ayan?"

" Sir is not in his office right now. Actually, no one is at this hour."

" Wow! Looks like this Raichand is responsible for every single thing now. How ironic does that sound, doesn't it? " Her assistant smiled. She was good at her work and Aavya returned her smile.

Fine an errand wouldn't hurt, right? Besides, it's for her brother. So, why not? 

" Tell me the address. I'll take a cab." 

" New Hopes, SoBo." As soon as she heard the name she froze. It was Miher's hospital. He must be probably working right now. She pulled her hand from her side to check the time but it was of no use as she knows Miher. She has nothing to do but work his ass out. 

God!!  Is this some sort of an indication that she needs to see him? Serendipity? 

She was thinking too much now. There is no guarantee that they will even bump into each other, right? It's a huge hospital so what are the odds? This isn't some movie reeling in front of an audience or some chapter of a romantic novel. Or is it? 

" Ma'am? Are you okay?" Thanks for bringing her out of her stupor. 

" Yes, thanks. I will go there. If anyone calls let me know. " And she left. 

Blissfully unaware that her life was about to change, for good or worst that only Aavya can decide. It wasn't a long journey and she reached the hospital in about 20 - 30 minutes. She could have reached sooner had she not wasted her driver's time confusing him with the directions. It wasn't necessary and it was definitely silly but at that point, she was bidding her time if her mind chooses to change and retreat but then she had to collect Aman's reports. It was rather a strange request made by his doctor so she was curious and at the same time hoping that there was nothing to worry about as such.