•36•

"Xavier please I don't want to go!" Luella choked out between sobs, her voice quivering with fear and frustration

"Xavier please I don't want to go!" Luella choked out between sobs, her voice quivering with fear and frustration. "Mikaela is so mean to me. She always calls me names and makes fun of me." Her words were punctuated by sniffles, her small hands clutching onto Xavier's reassuring presence.

She had been begging her brother to not take her to school and face Mikaela. Luella was now basically afraid of her and what she would do to her

Xavier sighed and rubbed a hand over his mouth "Luella we spoke to Gabriela, she won't do anything to you. She can't"

Luella shook her head and sniffled "I know she will, she's evil" she rubbed her eyes and looked up at her brother "Xavier please"

Xavier was so lost. He knew his sister had to go into school since she would be breaking up for the half term and it would be her last day for the next 3 weeks, but he also didn't want to see his baby sister cry over some bitch in her class

He finally gave up "Fine, but you can explain to Adriel why you're not in school today. I'm not involved"

Luella nodded quickly as her brother picked her up placing her on his hip. She nuzzled into his neck and sniffled while Xavier rubbed her back

"It was your last day but it's fine" He whispered

"I really don't like her, I don't want to see her" Luella added

Xavier nodded and kissed his sisters temple "Alright then, go upstairs and sleep I'll be up soon" he placed her down and Luella nodded making her way up the stairs. She hadn't changed or done her hair in the first place so her little bun was now all wonky and messed up.

Luella walked up and opened her brother's door settling herself into his bed accidentally causing her injured leg to hit the wall. She let out a sob "Xavier!" she yelled out for her brother. Tears streamed Luella's cheeks as she cradled her injured leg, a whimper escaping her lips with each painful breath "It hurts, it hurts," she sobbed, her voice filled with both pain and frustration.

Xavier heard his sisters voice echo through the house. He quickly ran upstairs to see his sister on the floor crying. Xavier gently placed her on his lap and Luella buried her face in his shoulder, her tears mingling with a sense of relief at his comforting presence.

"I hit it" she sobbed into his neck

"Shit" Xavier muttered to himself "Move your hand"

"Luella!" another voice echoed through the house making Luella's head perk up "Was that Xander?" she sniffled

"I think so, stay here" Xavier ordered his sister as he went downstairs. He saw his older brother placing his suitcase down "She's upstairs"

Xander took his shoes off and put them away before going upstairs to his sister "Luella?"

Luella looked at her brother and sadly smiled before wincing "Ouch"

Xander sat beside Luella and sighed "How'd you manage that" he removed her hand from her leg and carefully peeled her bandage off noticing it was bleeding