🥀Dead rose🥀

Clay sat in his gaming chair, laid back, bitting his nail. He glanced at the dead rose, resting in a light blue vase, on his desk. That rose had been there for three months now, but do he dare throw it out?

Flashback~

Clay stood in the crowd of people, listening to the sniffles and sobs of many others. Nick had his hand resting on Clays shoulder, staring at the casket holding his best friend, lower into the ground of darkness and lifelessness. He had his hands in front of him as he fought against the tears that threatened to pour out any minute.

"My baby! My baby..."

Clay lowered his head and lost it. As they threw dirt over the casket he forced Nicks hand off his shoulder and ran off, sobbing and whimpering. He nearly fell, running out toward the woods, wanting to get lost and have this nightmare be over.

"FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU!" He screamed, running til his legs gave out. He ended up collapsing right in front of a river. He hugged his knees and emptied his eyes, he let the tears and screams out all at once. He couldn't take it.

He stared off everywhere, waiting for his best friend, George, to appear any moment and this all be a sick joke.

"God- fucking.. I hate you!" He cried, hugging himself as he rocked back and forth. He shook his head and looked down, crying like baby and being as loud as possible, to the point his voice ached.

"We were supposed to live together! We were supposed to run on the beach late at night! YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE MINE!!"

It began to rain..

What a surprise.

Clay screamed at himself and stared at the river, picturing George run up behind him and laugh saying,

"HAHA I GOT YOU!!"

He turned back as he heard twigs crunching.

Was it?

Nick.

He frowned and turned back to the water.

"Clay..we need to go.."

He didn't say anything, he stared at Nicks reflection in the water.

"Why am I so fucking cursed?" Clay said, his voice cracky and raspy. Nick sighed and slid his hands in his pockets, sitting down next to him.

"Clay..it's not your fault-"

"Wha- why! How! He was there! Talking to me! And then- he was gone?" Clay cried, using his hands to motion. Nick lowered his head.

"Nick- I want to wake up!"

"Clay! This ain't a nightmare! This is reality! Wake. The fuck. Up! He's gone!"

Clays eyes went wide and his face showed shock. His expression blank as he stared back at the water.

"I loved him Nick..more than I thought."

"I get that- but Clay, he's gone..you gotta move on.."

Clay ducked his head and looked away.

"Don't say that- I don't like it-"

"Clay. Go look at the fucking stone in the ground and tell me it doesn't say George Henry Davidson."

"I-I."

"He's dead! We gotta accept it! There's nothing we can or could do! I'm sorry clay.."

Clay stood up and walked away, he cried. His body ached as he was dry of tears but couldn't stop crying. He let the rain drizzle down his body as he looked up seeing everyone start to pack up. Nick placed his hand on his shoulder.

"I'm sorry dude- we gotta move on, there's nothing left?"

Clay placed his hand on top of nicks.

"I can't just put it away and shove it in the ground Nick, it's not easy. I'll still love him more than my fucking life and I've accepted it.."

Nick removed his hand from his shoulder and back into his pocket. They both stared at the stone in front of them reading,

George Henry Davidson.
          1996 - 2021

Nick shook his head and walked down the hill. Clay collapsed beside the stone and practically hugged it, crying harder than before as he felt a weight push him down.

"I-I'm so sorry George- y-you deserved b-better.." he struggled to get out. After a few minutes and he heard Nick call out to him, he stood up and picked a rose out of the ground, kissing it, and placing it on top of the dirt. He smiled slightly before saying,

"I love you Georgie~"