𝟬𝟬𝟰: no time for jokes

cause every time i get too closei just go mess it up

i just go mess it up

━━━━━━━━

"HEY, I'M HOME!"

Evangeline dropped her keys on the side table by the door, throwing her bag underneath it. Almost as soon as the bag hit the floor, she heard the smallest pitter patter of feet, her beagle puppy turning the corner with his tail wagging. She crouched to the floor and Sebastian jumped, his tiny paws landing on her knee.

His tongue swiped across her face and she giggled, giving him a scratch behind the ear. Gently, Evangeline pushed Seb off of her and stood, walking into the kitchen of her penthouse. Her mother was sitting at the island counter, a laptop in front of her. She had a glass of wine beside her, stacks of books and a mess of paper around her as well.

Colette finally noticed her daughter's entrance, looking up from her computer screen. "Oh, hi, Evie! How was your day?"

"It was fine," she said, reaching into the fridge and grabbing a can of Pepsi. Pulling the tab until it popped off, she lifted the cold aluminum to her lips and took a sip. "How was yours?"

"Not great. This morning, I made the shitty decision to re-organize all of my patient's charts."

Eva cringed, moving to sit next to her mother at the island. "Yikes."

"Exactly. So, that's what I've been doing today. Going through every single one of my patients charts and color coding them."

"Will it help in the long run?"

"I think so."

"Then it's worth it."

"Good point."

"I know," smiled Eva compassionately, giving Colette a peck on the cheek. "I'm gonna go do my homework. Love you."

"Aw," Colette tutted, grabbing her daughter's cheeks and wiggling them like a grandmother. "You're the cutest, Evie, I love you. Let me know if you need anything, alright?"

"Of course," Eva replied, and then she disappeared down the hallway.

When she got into her room, she pulled out her laptop and went directly to Google. In the search bar, she typed, "Gossip Girl archives," deciding to do some research of her own. She had heard stories, obviously, of the lives GG had destroyed and the hell it put a whole class of students through, but if Gossip Girl was back, she wanted to know what she was up against.

She started from the most recent archives to the oldest ━ the departure, the identity reveal (Dan Humphrey? The guy GG had shitted on for years? It didn't make sense), Blair and Chuck's wedding, etcetera. She knew the whole story of Serena van der Woodsen, and yet, she was still shocked to see it all written the way it was. It was entertaining her so much, that she finally understood the hype that the website must have had back in its prime.

It was almost karmic when she got a notification from Instagram, saying that Gossip Girl had posted again. And unlike last time, this post was about her.

Her eyes scanned the caption, widening with alert as she went. Oh no... oh no oh no oh no. A call came in and she answered, a very angry Monet on the other line.

"Are you seeing this?" Monet practically shouted.

Eva stood and began pacing her room, chewing on her nails. "What do I do?"

"I'm going to DM whoever this bitch is and demand they take it down."

"What happens if they don't listen?"

"Then we'll have to take more serious measures."

"That's ominous."

"E, your career is on the line right now, there's no time for jokes."

Eva pressed her lips together. "Sorry."

"I'm going to call Luna after we get off to make a game plan. Can you, Auds, and Max meet us for dinner at my place in a bit?"

"For sure."

"Great. I'll see you soon. Don't stress, okay? Luna and I have your back."

"Yeah. Thank you."

"Anything for you." The line clicked off.

Eva face planted onto her bed, groaning into her comforter. This is the worst possible thing that could have happened. She shot off a text to Audrey and Max, letting them know about dinner, and stormed into her closet to change.

What did she do to deserve this?

━━━━━━━━

AUTHORS NOTE

short chapter but long overdo!!! im so sorry for the wait, i didn't have any inspiration for a little while!!!! im going to do a double update (this and another one of the gg chapters to show you what was posted LOL)

i fucking love clairo right but there are NO gifs of her i swear to god so if you find any good quality ones send them my way please and thank youuuuuu

i know this chap is SO SO SO SO short im sorry again but i wanted to get SOMETHING out for you!!!!! XOXOXO ILY