56

• • •

You and Jungkook skateboard side by side, you in your diner uniform and him in his typical business suit.

"I can't believe it's been five years since you took over the diner." you say, smiling at your boyfriend. Jungkook sighs, "I know. It's crazy." he pauses, "By the way, my mom called this morning to say she can't wait to bake with you this weekend." Jungkook says. You smile, "That's so cute. I'm excited too."

Ever since you met Jungkook's family, despite being skeptical at first they quickly fell in love with you; especially Jungkook's mother. It warms your heart when Mama Jeon wants to spend time with you, since you never got to meet your own mother. The two of you are good friends and often bake together while Jungkook and your older brothers hang out, since they're also close now.

You continue eyeing Jungkook as you skateboard. Your eyebrows furrow, "You seem nervous.. everything okay, koo?" you ask. He nods, "All good." Jungkook responds, forcing a smile.

You reach the diner and kick up your skateboards, "Goodmorning, Daiyu!" you say, waving to the lady next door as she puts up flyers.

Not too long after Nina tried to blackmail you and received horrendous reviews, she decided to shut down; soon being replaced with a nail salon run by a lovely older lady.

"Goodmorning, y/n, Mr. Jeon. Beautiful morning, isn't it?" she asks. Jungkook frantically nods, looking to the ground as he quickly walks into Jeon's. The door closes behind him with a chime. Daiyu chuckles, "What's wrong with him?" she asks. You shrug, "Not sure. He says he's fine but I can tell he isn't." you reply. You wave goodbye to Daiyu before walking into the diner.

You've watched Jungkook through his most anxious moments. Opening multiple franchises, travelling all over the world to visit each of his Jeon's restaurants, releasing his first music album, publishing his own cookbook... and you've still never seen him this nervous.

"Guys, I can't do it." Jungkook says as he rushes into the kitchen, taking deep breaths.
"Why not? You've been waiting forever to." Namjoon says.
"I know, it's just. What if it doesn't go well?" Jungkook gnaws on his bottom lip.
"Trust me, Jungkook. Other than you, I know her best. Nothing bad can come out of this." Will replies as he takes something out of the oven. "Will, that looks great! You're really getting the hang of this." Jimin says, referring to the food Will cooked. He places a kiss on Will's cheek.

A few months after getting to know each other and spending many nights together in the mansion, Will and Jimin started dating. Now Will works alongside Jimin and your housemates at the diner, finally having a job like your dad always wanted for him.

Jungkook takes a deep breath. "I'm going to go do it."
Hoseok gasps, a wide smile appearing on his face. "I'll record it!" he says. "Me too." Yoongi chimes in.

Jungkook approaches you at your cash register. "Can I talk to you, y/n?" Jungkook asks. You chuckle, "You've got to stop doing this when I have a long line of people to serve." you say, smiling at him. It's true, Jungkook always finds the most bizarre excuses to take you out of work for a few minutes to spend time with you, but he always does it at the worst times. He's adorable, looking like a shy puppy when he asks to talk to you. Then he brings you into a back room to tell you how much he wants to rip your uniform off.

"No, this is serious." Jungkook says with a stern tone. Becoming concerned, you tilt your head. "Serious? How serious?"
"No, not serious. Just— It's important." Jungkook says, he looks you in the eyes. "Come with me?"
You slowly nod, walking out from behind your cash register and following Jungkook. This time, he doesn't bring you towards the back of the diner but to the front of it.

You stand in the middle of the diner in a large empty spot between tables. Jungkook takes your hands.
He takes a deep breath, "Y/N." he says calmly. You nod once, looking up at him while melting into the familiar touch of his soft hands.

"Five years ago today was my first day that I officially owned this place. I obnoxiously walked in, stood right in this spot and ordered you to make me a coffee." Jungkook says. You giggle, reminiscing of the moment as if it was yesterday. Seeing that beautiful smile appear on your face, Jungkook becomes relaxed. He continues, "Everyday since then, little by little you've made me a better person and helped me reach my goals, and I can never thank you enough. You have become not only a part of me, but a part of my heart and this franchise." he says.

Realizing what is potentially happening, your mouth slightly gapes in surprise. Before you can say anything, your eyes widen and Jungkook lowers to his knee. "So I hope you can legally become a piece of this diner as much as you have the last 10 years and take my last name. Jeon's will not only be mine, but ours." Jungkook says. He lets go of your hands and reaches into his blazer.

Jungkook pulls out a ring box and your hands raise to cover your mouth. In this moment, though you both have the attention of the whole diner, it feels as if you are the only two in the room.

"Y/N, will you marry me?"

You immediately nod in response, throwing yourself into Jungkook's arms as you laugh in excitement. His arms are strongly wrapped around your waist as you hug each other, basking in each other's happiness. You can hear Jungkook's ecstatic giggles by your ear as you rest your chin on his shoulder before pulling away. You put your hand out for Jungkook to give you the ring, but he's too lost in your beauty to realize what you're doing. That beaming smile of yours and gleaming eyes that he can never get enough of.

"Well?" you playfully shake your hand in front of Jungkook's face as you laugh and he comes back to reality. "Right. Sorry." Jungkook chuckles.

He takes the ring out of the box and you stare in awe at the beautiful jewel. You can't help but wonder how much it costs, but it doesn't matter since the love behind it is priceless.
Jungkook takes your hand, "Here's to the rest of our lives together, my love." he says. He slides the ring onto your finger and it fits perfectly, as if it was crafted to fit you.