Harmony

The restaurant was packed with a wonderful light and soothing air. You looked around at your table of friends with a sappy grin on your face.

You all sat in harmony.

You felt as though everyone you ever loved was sitting right there with you. They celebrated a victory, and they even celebrated a loss. But most importantly, they celebrated a bond that would last forever.

At the far end of the table, Daniel sat next to Mr. Miyagi, Ali sitting across from them. Next to her was Tommy and Bobby, and across from the two of them, was Jimmy and Dutch. Johnny was seated next to Dutch, and you sat across from him. Your mother sat next to you, with an open seat parallel to her. On the opposite side of her, sat Doc, with Marty on the other side.

When you moved here, you had one member of your family. You and your mother left everything back in Greece, including the only family you had, to be here. You remember feeling so broken and helpless then, not understanding your purpose in California.

But now it all made sense.

You were meant to be here. Every single one of these people impacted your life in such a strong way, and you hoped you had done the same for them. Looking back on it now, you couldn't imagine what your life would have been like without them.

Lucille LaRusso snapped you out of your daze as she came over and squeezed your shoulders from behind. "What would you like to order babe? It's on the house!"

Grinning, you ordered your favorite dish and she sauntered away. Not before stopping at the head of the table and turning to everyone. You watched carefully as she reached for an empty glass and a spoon sitting at Daniel's seat, clanking them together quite loudly.

"I have an announcement I'd like to make!"

All eyes turned to her as she stepped toward Daniel. "My son isn't the only winner we have here tonight. I officially got a promotion at my first job!"

The table erupted with cheers as Lucille continued to speak upon her passion of rocket computers. She had moved her and Daniel across the country for this job offer, and for awhile, they trained her as a manager. And now, she was diving even deeper into her career. You were so ecstatic for her.

"And so with that," she turned to her boss on the left, "I quit!"

Another round of shouts filled the air. Even the boss clapped for her. Of course she shivered at the thought of losing such a powerful force of nature as her head waitress, but she was happy Lucille would be chasing her dreams. She knew that The Orient Express was only a second job, a placeholder perhaps.

"Pull up a chair, Lucille!" Your mother shouted down the table.

"Oh," you smiled, gesturing to the seat across from your mother, "there's one right here!"

"Actually..." your mother drifted.

You looked to her in confusion. "What?"

"She was saving it for me."

The voice made you snap your eyes toward the door. You couldn't believe who it belonged to. It had been so long since you heard that voice, you thought you were dreaming.