Stuck in an Island || 08

a laughter fills the air with dry leaves and tiny twigs crackling beneath the feet as the three follow the path that seems to have been lengthened today. taehyung has his eyes on the compass in his hand, the needle points to the left and he stops, having the little girl bumping into hin from behind.

the laughter quietens as both jungkook and aera stare at taehyung's face showing some amount stress as his eyes go back and forth from the compass towards the sky, trying his best to locate the sun, but to his dismay it's a cloudy day. he hisses in frustration, shaking the compass and then looking at it again, the needle is not pointing towards him now.

"what happened?" jungkook asks, stepping forward and peeks over the elder's shoulder, panic slowly washing over him as well, when he realises that north was in some other direction according to the compass a few moments ago. "fuck!"

aera giggles standing on her tippy-toes to see what was so interesting for the boys, "fuck" she repeats.

jungkook glances at her, "no, don't say that. it's bad word." he says despite of the horror in his and taehyung's eyes at the thought of being stuck in a deserted island with rainforests and possibly wild animals, who knows? oh and they have an eight-year-old with them! great!

"let's go?" the girl tilts her head, holding their hands as she walks further, pulling them with her.

"riri" taehyung utters, stopping on his track, "that's- that's not the right way..."

"what is?" jungkook questions, earning a glance from the older boy.

"i have no clue" taehyung whispers, shaking his head. jungkook sighs, eyes whining virtually to his hyung. "don't worry, kook, we'll make it out together."

"yeah," the boy nods, "we will... i hope"

"yes, let's go!"

their eyes turn to aera who is smiling at them, looking so carefree and lively, scaring the boys even more for she doesn't know how bad they all are doomed. taehyung takes her hand, smiling softly as he pats her cheek, "let's go" he says, walking towards the direction his intuition says is north.

jungkook follows them quietly, removing the bushes and twisted branches of trees from his path. his eyes frequently roam up to the sky where he's trying to find the sun, but thanks to their misfortune the clouds are still hovering above them, looking grey-ish in a somewhat dark manner that has him thinking if it's going to rain.

the girl sighs deeply, pouting as she stops walking and looks up at the boys, "i'm tired oppa... when will we reach the tent?"

the two exchange nervous glances, having nothing to answer as even after continuously walking for an hour, they felt like they reached nowhere. the trees are still surrounding them and the weather is getting cold with the clouds looking more dark and dense which alarmed the boys to find a shelter or make one.

"just a little while, baby." jungkook says and crouches down, gesturing her to get on his back.

"it's getting dark koo..." aera mumbles in his shoulder, having her arms wrapped around his neck from behind. "what if a monster comes and eats us?"

"monsters aren't real, princess." he tells her, glancing at taehyung who seems to be in thoughts.

after half an hour of more walking in taehyung's intuitive direction, they finally feel the forests getting less dense. a smile of relief marks the boys' lips, and they give each other a tight hug. the sky looks darker with no stars visible, just clouds - rainy clouds. they move along the coast which seems about a hundred meters away from a high standing cliff.