09 | Meet The Rossi Family

I have been running around the kitchen with Aunt Elisa trying to organize tonight's dinner so I can officially meet these three women in my brothers' lives, who they've failed to mention

I have been running around the kitchen with Aunt Elisa trying to organize tonight's dinner so I can officially meet these three women in my brothers' lives, who they've failed to mention. I get it, I've been depressed lately but they can still tell me things.

Especially something as important as having someone in their lives, finding out that Luciano not only has a girlfriend but she's pregnant too — now that hit me hard. Nonetheless, I'm happy for them. I only want them to happy too, doesn't mean I'm not going to interrogate the absolute shit out of them.

"Val, I've got it from here Hunny, go get ready." Aunt Elisa yells from the pantry, I nod and make my exit with Felix following close behind me.

Walking into my room, I head into my closet and pause at the door. Messiah's belongings are all still in here, a constant reminder he's still out there somewhere.

I walk over to his shirt and gently grasp on it and pull it from the hanger and bring it to my face, inhaling it — call me weird but people's scent helps calm and comfort me. I let out a breath and place it back on the hanger.

Moving to my side of the closet I grab a navy blue dress with lace on the bottom, I gather all the other necessities I need to get ready and head to the bathroom.

After showering and changing, I walk out of the bathroom and move to the vanity in the closet and apply light makeup, so I look somewhat decent. When I'm done, I stand up and see Messiah's clothes again and sigh, "I miss you." I whisper into nothingness.

Leaving my room, Felix is standing outside my door waiting for me. He's dressed up in his usual suit and is looking at his watch nervously, I clear my throat and his gaze snaps up and smiles at me before he sees what I'm wearing.

"Shit Val, you look stunning." He breathes out, I notice his cheeks tinge pink.

 「  A/N — Valentina's dress choice, slay queen! 」

  A/N — Valentina's dress choice, slay queen!

I chuckle at his reaction, "thanks Fe, you look handsome as always. Let's get this over with shall we? You're eating with us right?"