forty - "You disgust me, Your Majesty."

A few days have passed. Sunghoon got out of the car and went to the other side to open the door for Yeonbyul. She sighed tiredly since it was a long ride from the East to North. She looked at the massive palace in front of her in awe. The former king, King Park greeted them and smiled, "Nice to see you again, Yeonbyul."

She bowed at his parents and smiled, "You too, Your Majesty."

"Well then, we were just about to leave. Enjoy your stay, Yeonbyul. I believe Sunghoon is old enough to handle things by himself as a King," his mother said before leaving with her husband.

Sunghoon and Yeonbyul walked to the throne room and she stared at the seat in the middle. It was designed with lots of gold and a red cushion. The King chuckled to himself, "Soon, your seat will be placed next to mine."

They both turned around to leave the room but suddenly, Heeseung walked in, holding a few documents, "Sunghoon, I-"

The South King stopped in his tracks and looked at his ex-wife in shock. He couldn't mutter any words because it has been so long since he last saw her. Sunghoon smirked, "Heeseung, meet my future wife, Yeonbyul. She will be the next Queen of the North Kingdom."

"Wife?" Heeseung asked in shock.

゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩
┊ ┊ ┊ ✫
┊ ┊ ✩
┊ ⊹ ✯

"It's been a while," Heeseung broke the silence between him and Yeonbyul. Sunghoon let them have a little conversation at the gazebo in the garden. He thought that the divorced couple should have a little talk after the big fight. Yeonbyul sighed, "How are you?"

"Great, I guess. Haesun's baby bump is getting bigger day by day. We're happy that it's a boy so it will be easier for the child to take over the throne."

"Are you happy?" She asked as she lowered her gaze. He smiled, "I don't know. I hope Haesun is doing fine. I've been busy lately with the West Kingdom about the military works. I didn't know you'll get married to Sunghoon. How long have you guys been in a relationship?"

The question took her off guard. What if Heeseung finds out she had been in a relationship with the North King since she was still married to him? She took a deep breath, "A few days before we got divorced."

He dropped his cup on the table and laughed to himself, leaning back against his chair, "So are you saying you cheated on me?"

Yeonbyul scoffed and glared at him, "What about you then? You had an affair while you were away for work and when you came back, you forced me to appoint a concubine out of the blue!"

"I asked for your permission, okay?"

"No, you did not. You forced me! And what if I didn't agree to it? You would continue having an affair behind my back, weren't you?!"

He looked away and tried to control his anger, "I thought the rules were simple. The Queen shall only be loyal to the King and she should not have an affair."

"Bullshit. Why must the King who has the right to do anything he wants? This is the problem, Heeseung. You did not put any effort to understand my feelings and yet you dared to tell me to only love you. What about you? When we were married, did you ever love me?"

He became speechless and lowered his gaze, avoiding making eye contact. She chuckled tiredly and leaned against her chair, "We did not have any chemistry at all. I loved you before. But you didn't even put any effort to be the great husband that I could ever have. Yes, you are a great King but you are not a great husband to me. One day, you're cold and cruel and the other day, you suddenly cared about me and kept asking about my health and condition. Stop confusing me."

"You loved me?" He asked in disbelief. She glared at him and stood up, "Why do you have to be so stupid? I'm in love with Sunghoon now and I believe he can take care of me and love me like just how I wanted. Stop acting as if you care about me and go to Haesun. She's still jealous that I'm your ex-wife."

She was about to walk away but he stopped her, "Yeonbyul-ah."

She pushed his hands away, "Let me go. We already got a level 3 divorce. There's no use in getting back together. You disgust me, Your Majesty."

He watched as she left the garden angrily. He sat back down and exhaled weakly, thinking about what he did to her when they were married.

゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩
┊ ┊ ┊ ✫
┊ ┊ ✩
┊ ⊹ ✯

Yeonbyul walked slowly around the palace, her mind was filled with stressful thoughts. She exhaled tiredly and stopped at the ballroom hall. She opened the door and the room was dark. She didn't want anyone to come over and check who was there so she kept quiet and walked in, leaving the lights off.

She walked around and hummed a melody, ignoring her surroundings. The door suddenly opened and the lights were on. She turned around and saw Sunghoon approaching her. He grabbed her by the waist and held her hand with his free hand, "I owe you a dance, remember?"

She smiled and rested her head on his chest like she saw how Haesun did it to Heeseung. She was wondering what it felt like to do that. And not gonna lie, it was comfortable, feeling his warmth.

"You look more handsome now that you're a King," she laughed. He smiled, "I'm always handsome. Count yourself lucky."

"It's not fair. What if the other noblewomen or princesses fell in love with you and you left me for her?"

"I promise, you won't have to experience that again, my lady. I'm yours now. You own me."

She scoffed at the sudden statement. You own me, she repeated his words in her head over and over again. He's too seductive and flirtatious. It made her scared that other women would try and take him away from her.

"I'm so lucky to have you, my lady," he said, pulling her closer to his chest. She could hear his heart thumping, matching the rhythm with hers.