»𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 - 21«

“How could I… hurt him?”

●○●

Hastily running towards Imraan who was pacing outside the emergency unit, Azeen asked while panting heavily.
"Baba… h-how's Ba-ba?"

Imraan looked at the emergency unit room indicating that the doctor was inside checking Mr. Quraish up.

"What happened?"
Fawad asked slowly from behind Azeen.

"After you guys left, I went into uncle's room only to see the room was locked. I knocked but there was no response. Thinking he needed some alone time I didn't bug much. But after a few minutes when there was still no response I had to use the spare key to open the door only to see him lying on the ground."
Imraan explained whereas Fawad apologetically nodded.

"It's all my fault. All my fault."
Azeen cried out while sitting on the nearby chair.
"If only I…"

Looking up at Imraan, she held his hand as she used to when they were children and she needed to confess something.

"I swear… I didn't mean… whatever I said to him was completely out of anger… I didn't mean them. Believe me."

"Zee…"

"Believe me. I don't… I don't hate him. I want him in my life. He is… all I have. I…"
She sobbed as Fawad sorrowfully looked at her. He hated seeing her crying like this.

"I know. Whatever you said, it was out of anger. Uncle knows that too."
Imraan said softly.
"It's not your fault."

"H-he will b-be fi-fine, right?"
She asked hiccuping.

At that time, to Imraan she reminded of the 8 years old Azeen who was trying to seek comfort from the 10 years old Imraan.

"Please say… that he'll be fine."
She sobbed, holding his hand tightly. 

Like all those years, Imraan put his other hand forward to comfort her but then stopped in the middle as her words rang in his ear.

'You are no one. A nobody.'

She was right. 

Who was he? A nobody. 

He had no right to comfort her. 

"He is a fighter. In sha Allah he'll be alright."
Slowly removing his hand from her grasp, he said.

Just then the doctor came out of the room.

"How's uncle?"
Going towards the doctor, Imraan asked.

"We can't say anything yet. We need to observe him for 24 hours. Hopefully, he gains consciousness by then. If not then…"
The doctor informed them.