8. Adjusting

"So, you and Nik?"

"So, you and Nik?"

All hell broke loose.

"WHAT!?" The six of them shrieked.

"You're another one of them." Elena spat in disgust.

"Another Mikaelson sibling! Great, we should have figured that all things related to coffins belong to the Mikaelsons." Damon said as he sipped his drink.

Dianna rapidly shook her head.

"No, I am not their sister. I was married to one of them." Dianna said as she pointed at her ring finger.

Caroline gasped loudly and dramatically.

"Oh my god! Your Klaus' wife aren't you? I saw paintings of you in their house, and he said that I reminded him of someone maybe that explains his creepy crush on me OH MY GOD!" Caroline rambled her inner thoughts.

Stefan scoffed incredulously. "Wow, I didn't think someone so beautiful and kind would marry him." Stefan said as he looked at Dianna.

Dianna laughed as she replied "Well, believe me, they weren't the same back then. They were just siblings running away from their father who wanted to kill them."

Alaric sighed as he said "Last I remember, the Mikaelsons are in New Orleans."

Dianna smiled at him.

"Thank you. I should get going then." Dianna said as she stood up.

"Woah, princess, you haven't even seen a flight in your life. What if someone turns you into a blonde roadkill or something?" Damon asked with a smirk.

"Well, I may be a 900 year old heretic, but I have absolutely no experience with vampirism. And you are right." Dianna replied with a hint of annoyance in her voice.

Caroline beamed and said "Stefan could teach you! He could give you a vampire 101 crash course."

Stefan looked at Caroline in disbelief.

"Why? So Klaus could come to Mystic Falls and butcher me?" Stefan asked as he looked at Dianna.

"Look, coffin girl, vampire barbie here could teach you about this century and then you can leave. We don't wanna see the Mikaelsons like ever again. So, shoo." Damon said as he tried to shoo Dianna away.

Dianna got angry as she gripped him by the throat and choked him. She started siphoning from him as grey veins appeared on his arms.

"YOU'RE HURTING HIM! STOP!" Elena screamed.

"For the record, I could play marbles with your eyeballs if I wanted to." Dianna seethed as she let him fall to the ground. 

"Hey, why don't I take you to the grill? You need to learn about what people eat these days. And then, we could go shopping!" Caroline said as she practically dragged Dianna out of the door.

**********

"So, Anna. Tell me something about yourself." Caroline asked as she sipped her lemonade. Dianna, who was busy eating her delicious cheese burger looked at Caroline in anger.

"Don't take me wrong, Caroline. But only my mother and my husband called me by that name." Dianna replied as Caroline looked guilty.

"Sorry. I didn't know." Caroline apologized.

"You want to know something about me, right? I had two siblings who never cared about me. My sister, Aurora, she killed my god mother Milena just because I married the man she loved. Tristan, my brother, he was alright. But he tortured my best friend because he wrote me a love letter." Dianna explained as she eat a fry.

"That must really suck. You had magic, right? Why didn't you fight back?" Caroline asked curiously.

"My kind is considered an abomination. So, my mother and me had to live in secret. If my mother's coven found us, they would trap us in prison world." Dianna said, sipping her coke which she started to love.

"When we are done here, let's go shopping, ok! I think dark colors suit you a lot." Caroline said enthusiastically.

"Well, I mostly wore blue, pink, green and all those light colors back in my day. Aurora seemed to be the one who would wear dark, mysterious colors." Dianna explained.

"Oh come on! You're like really badass. I saw the way you threatened Damon. Which reminds me, I'm gonna teach you how to control your blood lust. I mean you've got speed and strength." Caroline said as she placed a bill on the table.

Caroline dragged Dianna to almost every store she saw and asked her to try on different clothes. They were very revealing but Caroline had told her to 'embrace her badassness' so she did agree.

By the end of the day, Dianna and Caroline had gotten pretty close and Dianna had learnt a lot about the present times. She had to say that Caroline is a very good teacher.

The two sat in Caroline's dorm room at Whitmore now. Dianna watched as Caroline pulled out two blood bags from the mini fridge.

The two sipped it as Dianna asked.

"So, you and Nik?" She asked as her heart was close to breaking into pieces and tears were about to spill from her eyes.

Caroline violently shook her head with wide eyes and a disgusted face.

"No! He had some weird crush on me and told me that I reminded him of someone who I'm pretty sure was you. He also gave me a bracelet which was worn by a princess as pretty as me who I'm assuming is also you and he gave me a dress which he said was worn by someone very special which is obviously you again. So, basically I was just a replacement of you. Nothing happened between us." Caroline explained as Dianna processed this. 

[PS: Their hook up in the woods never happened in this story because she did remind him of Dianna. But he knew that she wasn't her. So his crush didn't go that far.]

"It's been 900 years, Caroline. I wouldn't expect him to wait for me. But I spent every moment of my life in that coffin, waiting to be in his arms again. I don't want to lose him. I just want to see him once. And if he is happy with another woman who loves him as much as I do, I would step away." Dianna said as tears freely flowed down her face.

Caroline went up and hugged her.

"Hey. I don't think he's forgotten you. He still thinks you're dead. But once he sees you again, he'll definitely come back to you. That kind of love never dies." Caroline explained as Dianna stopped crying a calmed down a little.

"Thank you, Caroline. For being my friend." Dianna said, smiling.

"No problem! Come, let's watch something. Let me introduce you to Netflix!" She said and dragged Dianna towards her bed with her laptop on it.