Chapter 48 - The Final Say

Everyone turned to look at the woman sitting elegantly witha tea cup in her hand. The targeted person does not even look nervous or anxious. Seeing the temperament of the other party Sakshi's heart clenched tightly like it's tangled with a knot where Jagdish's smiling face frowned.

Jagdish placed his smile back and cleared his throat "empress should not take decision rashly. Afterall it's about someone's whole future"

Nandini looked up and smiled back "royal uncle must be joking, how can I not understand what's I am saying when I am sober with clear mind?"

The smile on Jagdish's face stiffened "i really don't meant that" he shook his head trying to clear the heavy burden that piled up in his chest "what I wanted to say is, because of my son's unforgivable actions cause the young lady's reputation on question. And since my son's lack of thinking has cause this great loss it is his responsibility to rectify it too"

Before Nandini could reply Sakshi stepped forward and stood beside Jagdish "I also want to apologise on behalf of my son. Since childhood he is little arrogant and don't think of situation clearly before taking actions. We thought with passing age he will understand things but it was also our mistakes for ignoring his behaviour and letting him cause such great trouble to everyone" she explained then turned to Nandini "empress is more matured and understanding. We don't have any ill intention for presenting this proposal but we are ashamed that because of our son the young lady's dignity is become public target. So for an apology we want to propose this marriage and hope empress will find in heart to forgive and accept our apology"

It was good use of situation and words. If outsider hears then it was best choice for a girl who's reputation is ruined. Since the other person proposed himself to take the responsibility then what's there to argue over this. And Nandini knows it clearly. She knew that the elderly couple before her is sincere and truly regretting facing such situations but agreeing to this proposal means giving up. But concluding the result is another thing but first of all she want to show them wheres the loophole is lying this matter.

"Aunty is really thoughtful and I admire it a lot. But I also want to propose somethings and hope aunty will understand it too" Nandini said and gazed at them "when a trouble is created people always try to find solution to get over it but sometimes it's also hard to get any clue of where to get the solution and make the situation clear. I understand roya uncle and aunty's state of mind and also know there are no I'll intentions for this proposal but if every problem gets over this easily then the victims will feel I injustice and the culprit will not learn anything"

Hearing that the elderly couple's hear dropped. As expected the empress won't let this matter go so easily. It's a complete wonder that even after proposing and requesting so much the other party did not even moved a little. Before they could reply they heard Nandini continued again.

"And marriage is not something to be decided in such situation. A marriage could never be a compansation to solve problems. Besides Ageratina is not only my maid  but also my follower and I will never regard her as an object which I can place anywhere I want. She is a living being matured enough to understand things and take decision as per her wish. Her life and decision is not in my control to decide. It's her right and her choice. Others had nothing to do with it nor do they have any right to interfere"

With this she told them Ageratina's identity. Thought she is her maid but still she has her own state of mind to decide for herself. Looking at those expression Nandini opened her mouth again.

"Granting marriage also need constant from the two person who are going to take the journey together. Elders are here to give advice and show good or bad path but not to force to give in. Even though this marriage proposal seems good enough but does it have both side constant?" Then her eyes fell on the young prince standing beside elderly couple "such a hot blood like this, taking a rush decision do you think you will not regret in future?"