Chapter 120

"What the hell..." Eugene muttered, unable to comprehend the situation.

The scene in front of him was unlike anything he had ever seen before.

Jade and Oliver were in their beast forms rolling on the ground. While Noah was being held down by the neck like a rogue bull.

And in the midst of the chaos stood a young girl with fierce emerald green eyes blazing under the sun. The harmless-looking girl that lay unconscious was nowhere to be seen.

"Who's rabbitnapped now?" Eugene clicked his tongue.

Before they left for the village, the twins had spread a wild rumor throughout the village altering the incident in the forest. In a small village where news travels fast, even the children knew of it in a short span of time.

"Ironic...."

Eugene felt a subtle sense of satisfaction come over him from looking at them, even though it was his friends getting beat up.

"Eugene. Raeden. Over here"

Melina came running towards them. She was standing amongst the crowd of spectators when she noticed the two in the distance.

It was not only her but a number of villagers and travelers were spectating the commotion instead of stopping them.

"How did this happen?" enquired Eugene though he could somewhat understand why the villagers were not helping. 

Because forgoing the seriousness of the situation, it was simply hilarious.

Fairly lacking in entertainment in the small village, they were curious about what would happen next with snacks in their hands. Seeing the twins in the middle of it was an added benefit.

Even the customers from the breakfast house started coming out of the shop plates in hand on hearing the commotion at the front.

"I'm not sure. Maybe... she thinks we imprisoned her?

Melina's eyes darted towards the leopard walking closer to the girl with his hands in the air.

Jade was trying to communicate with her while exerting that he was harmless.

*thud*

But it was to no avail.

"Jade tried talking to her and...." Melina heaved a sigh and pointed towards the ground,

"......somehow that's how he keeps ending up. Poor Jade"

"You should talk to her, Eugene"  Raeden spoke without taking his eyes off the girl.

"Why me?"

"You're the only one she's going to listen to. And change before you go"  

Raeden walked into the crowd leaving behind the speechless rabbit.

'Change before I go?'

"Ok. Here I go..."

Eugene took a deep breath and strode towards the girl with Melina encouraging him.

"All the best Eugene!"

Meanwhile, Noah was having a hard time talking sense to his captor. He was unable to free himself from her grasp since she was surprisingly way stronger than what meets the eye.

"We can talk this out. Please let him go"

"Yeah... We're not trying to hurt you"

Though Jade and Oliver were trying to talk to her. Angelica only heard what she wanted to.