Chapter Six

Lianne

I dragged myself out of bed on hearing the sound of someone knocking on my hotel room door. I wrapped myself in a robe and opened the door with a bat in my hand, ready to swing it at the person.

Nobody knew where I was because I told my family and anyone who would care that I was going out of town and checked into JG Hotels. I didn't want anyone to know where I was and bother me.

I was afraid Nolan was going to check my house for me and so decided to avoid it til the police found him or I could get a restraining order. No one knew where I was except the hotel staff who seemed to mind their own business pretty well.

Maybe it was just room service but that didn't stop me from taking the bat. I hid it behind my back and opened the door sharply.

I gasped on seeing the familiar black haired, grey eyed man.

“What are you doing here? How did you find me?” I demanded, looking past him to make sure no one was coming our way.

“I come in peace, you can put the bat down.” He said, raising his hands in surrender.

I didn't realize I had it held threateningly. I blew out a breath from my mouth and placed it leaning on the wall not far from me.

“Back to my question, how did you find me? Are you stalking me?”

“No! Not exactly.” I raised an eyebrow for him to continue. “You are using a phone from my company and it bounced off the cell tower near here. Also, my dad owns the hotel so getting the guest list wasn't hard. So technically…”

I cut him off. “Technically, you were stalking me.”

“Okay, yes, I was but with good reason.”

“When is there a good reason to stalk someone?”

“When you're worried about them?” He offered unsurely.

“Why would you be worried about me?”

He shrugged. “You didn't seem so okay the last time we saw and I needed to make sure, for my sake at least.”

For some reason, hearing that made me calm down a little. “Well, I'm fine.”

“Are you sure? You seem kind of jittery.”

“Yeah, I'm just a bit scared. The police haven't found Nolan yet so I've been looking over my shoulder for the past few days.”

“That explains the baseball bat.” He chuckled slightly.

I laughed as well. “Sorry about that. No one knows I'm here and the housekeeper's already come.”

“It's alright. Can I come in? I brought ice cream, thought you might need it.”

Because I couldn't pass up the thought of having ice cream, I let him in. He sat in the lounge while I got two bowls and spoons. He had an ice cream scoop with him and chocolate sauce and everything we needed for a sundae.

He helped me make them in the little kitchen I had but never used and we settled in the lounge again. Because I hadn't left my room in almost a week, I hadn't had ice cream in over a week and couldn't stop myself from moaning when the sweet cookie dough ice cream hit my tongue.

I was pretty sure I looked like a starved animal with how fast I finished my bowl and locked the spoon.

“I'm glad I bought the whole tub.” Oliver remarked with a laugh.

My cheeks flushed with embarrassment as I wiped my lips with the sleeve of my robe. “Sorry.”

“It's okay. It's actually quite refreshing to see a model eating like that.”