chapter fifty-four: home

Keys jingle before they clatter after being put on the coffee table and Eunwol can comfortably begin to look around.

  Her lips are curved into a slight smile as relief fills her and glee is palpable in her eyes as she scans the small minimalistic house.

  After a while of being apart with her house- the first house she ever got with her own hard work and patience to live in Seoul, she's finally back with it.

  Her furniture is all the same as before since they weren't much needed at the country anyways so she had them stored.

  "I still need to rearrange some things around here..." She drops onto the couch after running around in elation for a while, tired. "This is gonna take a while."

  Her eyelids start to droop and they slowly shut until-

  Ding! Dong!

  She shoots up straight and eyes are wide open as they fix at the door. Who could it be? No one knows where I live except, for the members and manager-nim.

  Wol's breaths are quick from the shock and fear as she slowly approaches the door.
But none told me they were coming.

  With shaking, clenched fists, she goes on her toes to peek through the eyehole.
It couldn't be... sasaengs, could it? Or maybe, reporters?

  Although, she's still a rookie, she is still an idol and these type of worries turn her anxious.

  After all, her first career did get ruined by articles and such and she wasn't even a celebrity at the time.

  Ding dong!

  The person presses the bell again right when Eunwol sees them.

  Donghyuck!

  Before he can knock, the knob rattles and the sound of it unlocking makes him sigh in relief.

  "Donghyuck, how did you know I was here?" Eunwol asks and as usual, yanks him in before shutting the door and locking it back up.

  He takes off his cap and ruffles up his hair back to its messy, fluffy state. "I went to GALA and bumped into one of your members, Daia, I think. I said that I wanted to meet you but, she told me you weren't with them because you were here."

  "Oh, thank goodness," she sighs out in relief.
"Ah, right. Do you want to drink anything? I don't have much since I'm still in the process of moving in but, I do have tea."

  She stands up and approaches the small kitchen.

  "Why...didn't you answer me?" He then, asks and she stops- turning to him.
"I called and texted but, you didn't reply. You didn't read the messages at all, either."

  The concern and blue are clear on his face as he stares at her with dipped brows and sad eyes.

  Eunwol smiles and sits beside him.
"I'm sorry. My phone is with my manager and I was actually supposed to get it back days before but, since our CEO suddenly, decided to stay in Jeju and decided to drag our manager with him due to an abrupt business, he forgot to give me back my phone and brought it along.
  "I also, think it died so he couldn't give me any updates about the notifications I got through the members."

  Donghyuck listens and he trusts her with his whole being but, he can't help feeling upset.

  A subtle pout forms. "That was irresponsible of your manager."

  Wol chuckles airily. "Well, this is one of the times. Usually, he's the most punctual and nice ever. He just had to take my phone because of the effect of the 'live situation' last time."

  "Sorry about that," her senior apologizes and she shakes her head.

  "It's not your fault or mine. Things just turned out that way."

  Her chill, easygoing personality usually assures him- ensuring him that she's fine, they're fine, everything's fine but now, at this certain moment, it disturbs him. 
"...I saw your commercial film."

  Eunwol flinches slightly at the news. She meant to tell him about it way before if only her phone was with her.
"How was it? I was so nervous about it actually but, thank goodness I was familiar with the other model so things felt better."

  Other model. She must be talking about Minjun, he thinks.

  "I like it. It looked so real that I got so jealous. That's why I came here rushing to see you," Hyuck explains and she gasps.

  "Really??" She exclaims out. "You did all that becauㅡ"

  "Wollie-yah," he cuts and turns to the girl with a solemn yet, hopeful look. "Do you... still love me?"