Chapter Seven

It was four in the morning when I woke up hungry. I unlocked my door and looked out. When the coast was clear, I made my way to the kitchen. No one was there so I opened the fridge and found some leftover pizza from last night. I knew they had ordered pizza because Jake told me when he informed me what they had decided on.

I took two slices out of the box and put it on a plate. I heated it up in the microwave and stopped it before the timer stopped at 00:00. I was successful. It annoyed me about having one second left but it was a great feeling stopping it at 00:01 because it meant it wouldn't make that loud noise that microwaves usually make. I went into the living room and sat down with my plate. I decided to leave the lights off and definitely did not switch on the TV. I ate in the darkness and silence. My stomach was soon satisfied.

I went to the kitchen and put my plate on the side. I turn around to leave the kitchen and head back to my room but I was met with a dark figure. Please be Jake, I can't face Damian yet.

"Kylie?" Dammit, its Damian!

"No, I'm an intruder?" I tell him, but it came out more like a question.

"Are you now?" he asked, quite amused. He switched on the lights and it took a few seconds for my eyes to adjust to the bright light. "What are you doing up?"

"I got hungry so I ate," I tell him.

"Why didn't you eat with us earlier?" Because I didn't want to see you, duh.

"I wasn't hungry then." It was true, I wasn't hungry. But other than that, I just really didn't want to see him.

"Why didn't you come out your room then? Chill with us?"

Because I was avoiding you. "I was taking a nap," I lie. He nods his head in reply. "Why are you up?" I hesitantly ask.

"I needed a drink and I heard some noises. I thought there was actually an intruder," he explains, chuckling at the end. "It was just you, obviously."

"Okay, well, goodnight." I make my way towards the exit of the kitchen but he blocks my path. I groan out in frustration.

"Did you lock yourself in your room to avoid me?" he asks, a smirk playing on his lips. Smart.

Yes. "No. Why would I do that?" I laugh out. "You're delusional. Like I said, I was taking a nap."

"I'm guessing you don't have a problem if we talk?" Actually, yes I do.

"I need to get back to bed. I have to get up for work in a few hours." I push right past him, making him stumble slightly. He quickly grabs my arm and pulls against his bare chest.

"Kylie-"

"-nothing happened, we don't need to talk." It was true, nothing did happen. Sure, he tried to kiss me but it didn't actually happen. Therefore, we don't need to talk about it.

"I don't regret my actions," he tells me. He doesn't? Well duh, he's a player.

"Well you should. Jake is your best friend and he's my brother. If anything, there's nothing between us. We are just roommates, Damian. Nothing will happen between us. There's nothing between us, got it?" I needed to set things straight. I didn't see anything happening between us and neither should he. Besides, he was only trying to get me into his bed. That was his main goal, not a relationship. That is why I stopped him. I didn't want to become someone he could just sleep with. "I'm not going to be like Alison, I'm not going to be someone you can easily sleep with," I tell him. With that, I make my way to my room and lock the door again.