Chapter 37

Warning: smut

"Stop pacing," Gio grumbles from across the room.

I walk back and forth in front of the library windows, peeking out to the driveway every time I pass. It's been hours. The whole day has come and passed and they still aren't back.

"Don't tell me what to do," I grumble back.

"Victoria," Gio says sternly. He crosses the room and places both hands on my shoulders to stop me.

"Relax," he instructs, "if something had happened, someone would have told me by now."

I take a deep breath and nod, looking out the window again. He's right. Luca might try to keep me in the dark about these things but he would never do that to Gio.

"Antonio said they're almost back," he adds.

"I hate waiting," I groan and step around him to the couches.

I sit on the soft leather and cross my arms. I can't make the thoughts stop. Antonio said they're coming back but he didn't say if anyone is hurt; if anyone died. There are endless 'what if's' playing in my head.

"I know. I do too," he replies, sitting on the couch across from me.

With a sigh, I walk over to the crib that was brought in here and look down at Elle. She's sleeping peacefully with her teddy in her arms. I smile softly at her and move her chocolate curls out of her face.

Headlights force me to turn my focus back to the windows. My eyes go wide as the SUVs pull up in the gravel driveway.

"They're back," I exclaim as I turn to face Gio.

"Go ahead," he nods towards the door.

With a smile I race downstairs. I entirely disregard the guard's protests for me to stop running. The men filing in through the front doors are dirty and disheveled but in good spirits. I bounce on the balls of my feet in the foyer as I wait for Luca to walk in.

As the men entering starts to slow, I push through them to look out the front door. Luca is surrounded by his men, clapping them on the shoulder and shaking hands.

I let out a breath I didn't know I had been holding and a smile spreads on my lips. He did it and he's safe.

I rush over, shoving his men out of my way, and wrap my arms around his neck. His arms wrap around my waist and he chuckles as he pulls me closer.

"Hello il mio angelo," he says, the vibrations of his deep voice rumbling against me.

"Fai la doccia," he instructs his men, his chin resting on top of my head.
(Go shower)

I pull back as they walk away and look up at him. His blue eyes shine even in the dead of night and a smile is on his face. He's just as dirty as his men but I don't care.

"I told you I'd come back," he says with a grin.

I push up on my tiptoes and crash our lips. His strong hands travel up and down the sides of my body as I tighten my grip on him. Our lips move like they were built for each other. He lifts me into the air and grasps my butt with his calloused hands.

I gasp in surprise and his tongue takes that as an invitation, battling against my own. I know he's walking; that we are probably being seen by dozens of men. But once again, I don't fucking care.