33.

"I feel bad you are stuck with me inside here"

"It's not I can't do anything about it now, right?," she said as she peeled the apple for him , her legs hanging from the floor as she took a sit at the edge of his bed. He was laying down, the bed was lifted up partially as his eyes looked at her fondly. How could he be so lucky to have her in his world?

"Have you visited the bakery?"

"I do, even helped decorated it when you were under going your treatment"

"Did the assistant I paid for help you with anything?"

"You mean Seokjin? He's nice even though he keep on babbling about what should I buy and learned about business now. He taught me a lot, as if I was about to take the hospital from him," she said and looked at him who was hearing intently at every word. She smiled at him before giving him a slice of the apple and he took it gently. "Seokjin is good at cooking, even business. Sometimes people as perfect like him do exist"

"He should thank his ancestor for it, it must be a hassle to take care of such gene to pass it to him"

Jungkook chuckled before eating the apple. "Then who should I thank for my ill fate Haewon?," he asked and the woman was stunned at his question. Slowly placing the knife and the fruit at the table, she wiped her hand using a wet tissue before putting aside and looked at him. His doe eyes never left her which she find it adorable for a masculine body like him.

"Why would you call it ill Jungkook? Are you saying you meeting me was unfortunate?," she teased and the man eyes went wide before he quickly held her hand in his tightly. "I don't mean it that way, Haewon. You know I was happy meeting you"

She grinned and came closer, placing her free hand at his face, caressing his cheek lovingly while her orbs met his warm gaze. "It wasn't ill fated, Jungkook. I don't know if this can be accepted, but if you weren't sick and didn't sign up for this, probably you won't know me at all. Maybe it was fated to be like this even in the past, but the situation was different"

"You sound like someone who had lived from the war saying things like that"

"I know you like it when I'm talking shits like this," she joked and he laughed before admitting her. Haewon wasn't wrong though, had he had been healthy, he will never meet her at all. Heck, he might no know the existence of the partner company.

"Can I ask you something, Haewon?"

"What is it?"

"What will you do, after I'm dead later?," he asked and her gaze changed. Still, she smiled and let down her hand to his arm, resting it there while the other was still been hold by Jungkook dearly. " I will cry first, probably mourn for you and lose hope. Honestly, I still don't know what will I do later, but there was one thing I'm surely going to do"

"What is it?"

"The bakery wasn't for temporary right, Jungkook?," she asked and the man nodded. "Probably I will put some of your silly face at the wall, hang your underwear at the window or ask my father to cosplay as the handsome Jungkook," She said with a wide grin and the man laughed so hard at her answer. Her face lit up seeing his response but a gloom feeling was in her heart. She don't know how will the future her face the death of Jungkook, but it sure going to hurt her more than she think. How could she let go all the memories of the man, when him smiling so beautifully that it etched in her mind forever?

It was ill fated as Jungkook said, sweet but melancholic, and Haewon will have to bear the heartbreak forever.

"You know Jungkook, you have really a nice smile," she said softly, almost whispering and the man raised his eyebrow at her words. "But if you are in pain, don't smile like that and joke around with it. I might kill you right then"

"If I don't do that, you might be crying and that will break my heart too"

"Now who is taking some romantic shits now?"

He beamed before leaning forward to kiss her temple and rested his chin at her head. She smell nice as always, and he wanted to be like this forever. Even when the word never existed in their life.

"I learned from the best, Lee Haewon"

"Is he -Haewon is everything okay?," Chaeyoung asked, panicking as soo as she saw the tears streaming down her friend cheeks and her lips along with her body trembled. She pulled her into a hug, rubbing her head to calm her while the woman sobbed uncontrollably in her arm.

"Oh my god, what break your heart now Haewon?," she asked gently and closed the door behind her . Haewon didn't say anything, but Chaeyoung knew well what it is.

"Cry as much as you want dear, you deserve that"

You deserve to pour your emotion you hold so much for Jungkook happiness.