Chapter 30

Since Zhou Shuo's sincere promise to keep the child, Xia Liang's originally restless heart has unexpectedly calmed down.

Ever since he was a child, Xia Liang believed in the principle of "when you encounter a problem, you have to face the problem and solve them one by one". Cowardly escape is not his style but since Zhou Shuo gave him a set of seemingly feasible solutions, he is willing to give the other party a chance to try.

Zhou Shuo's suggestion of "turning from the light into the dark" gave him a lot of inspiration. Compared with the matter of "hiding to give birth to children", he is more concerned about Zhou Shuo-what kind of growth and transformation will he obtain and what kind of future the development trajectory of Xia's enterprise will lead.

For the next period of time, Xia Liang stayed at home comfortably and did not go out to work. Zhou Shuo became extremely busy after taking over most of Xia Liang's work.

During this period, the two only had time to meet in the morning and evening. The topics they talked about were almost always about work. It's either Zhou Shuo's unilateral work report or Zhou Shuo encountering difficulties and Xia Liang tirelessly teaching him.

Of course, the two of them also chat occasionally about things outside of work. For example, Xia Liang complains about the increasing frequency of morning sickness in the past few days or that the takeaway order is too greasy and unappetizing.

Zhou Shuo considered Xia Liang's special situation. It would be impossible to ask a part-time worker to cook at home but seeing Xia Liang lose weight every day, he felt distressed and anxious. 

He gritted his teeth and said, "Brother Liang, I'll cook for you from now on."

Xia Liang froze for a moment then smiled, "You haven't even made instant noodles a few times. Are you sure I can eat your food?" 

Zhou Shuo flushed and said, "I...I will learn it seriously."

"How will you learn? Let's forget it. I have already vomited like this. Don't poison me again." 

Xia Liang had forgotten this topic but Zhou Shuo remembered it secretly.

Early on Saturday morning, Zhou Shou changed into casual clothes and went somewhere. At noon, he brought two thermoses back and handed them to Xia Liang as if offering treasures. 

"Brother Liang, I made this. Can you try it? "

Xia Liang opened the lid with a suspicious look and found that the scent that came out of it was a little tempting. He carefully tasted a few mouthfuls. It tastes good. The most important thing was that the taste was refreshing and not greasy so he ate it boldly.

Zhou Shuo sat opposite him, looking like a kid waiting for praise.

Zhou kept asking Xia Liang from time to time, "How is it, Brother Liang? Is it delicious?" 

"It's not bad," Xia Liang nodded, "Did you really do it yourself?"

"Well, I actually learned it from Sister Zhang in the next building. I told her that I would go to her house every weekend to learn how to cook some home-cooked dishes."

Xia Liang was a little perplexed, "Which sister Zhang? Are you familiar with her? Is she willing to teach you?"

"I met her when I went to the market to buy vegetables for the first time. She saw that I didn't know how to bargain and helped me. Then, she asked why is a big man buying groceries. I said my wife is pregnant and I want to make delicious food for her. She suddenly said very enthusiastically that she would help me."

"....." 

Xia Liang had an inexplicable feeling of being taken advantage of but the guy who took advantage is also asking for praise with an innocent look, as if he didn't realize that he was taking advantage at all. It seems like Xia Liang has lost his energy.

Xia Liang finally nodded and said, "Since there are enthusiastic people who are willing to teach you, then you should study hard."

Zhou Shuo was very happy when he heard that and asked, "Brother Liang, do you have any special dishes that you like to eat? Show me a recipe and I will learn them one by one."

Xia Liang is not too picky about food. After thinking about it for a long time, he said, "Go search on the internet and check what pregnant... no, what food is suitable for people like me. Just watch and learn."

After eating, Zhou Shuo washed the dishes. In order to digest, Xia Liang stood up and walked a few steps when he suddenly remembered something and asked, "By the way, have you consulted Du Lanze?"

"I have asked him. He said that in two days he will bring over his friend who is a doctor to give you a check-up." 

Xia Liang felt a little uneasy. 

"Is his friend reliable?"

"He should be reliable," Zhou Shuo said, "Brother Lin also knows him, he had been his mentor before." 

Xia Liang asked suspiciously, "Isn't Xia Lin's instructor in neurology or surgery? How come he also manages obstetrics and gynecology?"

Zhou Shuo was stunned by the question.

"But... maybe the business is versatile?" 

The two hadn't finished discussing when Xia Liang suddenly turned around and rushed into the bathroom to vomit.

Zhou Shuo was still wearing an apron but he couldn't take care of the dishes at this time. He wiped the detergent foam on his hands and hurriedly ran over but was blocked by Xia Liang. 

Zhou Shuo stood outside the door in an anxious state. Xia Liang finally ate a full meal but he vomited them all in a blink of an eye. Until when will this morning sickness last?

Xia Liang was out of breath. When he opened the door, his face was pale and his legs were almost unsteady.

Zhou Shuo led him back to the living room and sat down, feeling guilty to death. He felt that Xia Liang didn't have to suffer because of his own selfishness. 

He knelt down beside Xia Liang and whispered, "Brother Liang, seeing you suffer . . .should we. . . not give birth?"

Xia Liang looked at him in surprise, "Are you serious?"

Although Zhou Shuo was persevering in his heart, he nodded. Before, he only thought of how happy it would be to have a child with Xia Liang but now, he feels that if having a child will torture Xia Liang like this, he would rather not have the baby.

However, Xia Liang pointed at him with a cold look, "Whenever you encounter difficulties, you will retreat. If it is the same at work, believe it or not, I will kill you."