epilogue

dejavu

dejavu.
finally playing | epilogue.
↠ⁿᵉˣᵗ ˢᵒⁿᵍ ↺ ʳᵉᵖᵉᵃᵗ ⊜ ᵖᵃᵘˢᵉ
status: very unedited

It was roughly 10 years later, and the pair had grown into their skins, and became the ripe age of 30.

Stood outside of a large glass building, the pair couldn't help but linger in the vast parking lot. They stood shoulder to shoulder, though it was more like shoulder to head from their undeniable height difference, and gazed out— hearts swelling with pride.

Jisung sneakily stole a glance at the woman of his right. Her long brunette hair from college was now dyed with blonde highlights, and for the past year she's been trying to find a perfect hairstyle for it. Yesterday it was two french braids, today it was lazily placed into a bun with two framing locks at her front— from waking up later than expected.

Her chubby cheeks from the past had now slimmed down, and her hazel eyes seemed much more brighter than it could have ever shone in their university days.

But he didn't blame her.

University wasn't necessarily an easy time for them.

It was filled with mistakes, picking each other up, and trying again endlessly.

He remembered that day he nearly ended his life, and as his heart began to tremble, he knew he would've missed so much.

He would've missed the Fever Dreams big breakout into the industry. Though he missed the semi-finals, Jisung had been able to pull himself together with the support of Aeri and their other friends to perform.

And as if the clouds opened up on a gloomy day, their wishes had finally been granted.

Late night basement practices turned into studio session with big names, and small concerts at a local park became crowds of thousands and thousands of people in convention/concert centers.

It was remarkable what the competition had done for them.

The band was also fortunate to gain back their favorite lead singer, Han Aeri. After much thought, she knew her heart belonged to that band, and her very beat up composition book that carried it's numerous songs.

Before long, the eight became a sensation in the country of South Korea. It was undeniable. They were stopped on streets, booked until the next five years and so on.

But as the group all reached their thirties, they decided to go their individual ways to test waters. They've been together since middle school and high school, it was time they tried things for themselves.