Chapter 38

" You woke up early today " Supriya said as she settled besides, vrushali, who was doing pooja in God's room.
" Today is meenu's mehndi priya, there would so much rush of work, so i decided to wake up early " Vrushali smiled. " Vashu, grew up so fast na jyeshth rani, just few days ago, she would run behind us, holding the hem of our dupatta and now, she herself is getting married " Supriya's eyes welled up. " Yes priya, daughters really grow up too fast, the lakshmi of our house is going to be kulvadhu of someone else's house now. I don't know how I would live without her " Vrushali said , applying Vermillion on the idol of devi parvati.

" We never felt like this during our other weddings na! Means you were already a part of arya's family since childhood, I came here as bhanu's sakhi, sinu and maitri were part of our family since we met them. This is the first time we are sending off someone, right? " Supriya said excited, vrushali nodded , " Meenu is going from a big family to another big family " .

Supriya's eyes welled up, vrushali noticed it and smiled fondly, she hit supriya's palm slightly " Stop your tap now, go check whether the henna paste is ready or not and after that wake up your ladli " She said, supriya let out a watery chuckle.
" Jyeshth rani " Supriya hugged vrushali and the later kissed on her cheeks. Both of them were unaware that karna was looking at them from the window, smiling and thinking what he had done to have such ladies in his life.
************************************
" Kumbhkarn! Oo meri pyaari ladli kumbhkarn, uth jao " Vedangi snuggled into her pillow as supriya called her. " Sasubai, wait I would wake her up " Snigdha asked and supriya nodded. " Dhanu tai , see jamai ji is waiting for you " Snigdha whispered in her ears, vedangi sprang up from her bed scanning the entire room, snigdha giggled. " Bhabhi, that's not fair " Vedangi whined and laid on her lap.

" Bhabhi, when would you become fat?" She asked, " Fat? Why do you want me to become fat? " Snigdha raised her eyebrows. " So that jyeshth bhaiya would bring a co wife for you " Vedangi giggled, snigdha nodded negative. " I was asking about your baby bump bhabhi " She continued, " It would show up after three months, not before that " Snigdha answered.
" Bhabhi, would my niece or nephew recognise me? I am getting married, when he or she isn't even born! " Vedangi whined.

" They would recognise you only if you get up and get ready for your own mehndi ceremony now " Snigdha made her stand up forcefully. " Okay okay I am going " Vedangi rushed to her bath chamber. Snigdha observed vedangi, her face were always coated in pink hue these days, her eyes always held a shine and smile never left her pretty face, she seemed more gorgeous these days, maybe the side effects of marriage snigdha thought and giggled to herself. While vedangi was busy adoring herself in the mirror humming something, remembering her to be husband.
***********************************
" I want a peacock " , " I want the best stain ", " I want something intricate " The gossips and giggles of woman echoed through the hall, as it was vashusaini's mehndi ceremony. Maitreyi and lakshmana came there along with vedangi and everyone showered flowers on her. Three of them sat in front of the mehndi artists. The men were standing outside as they were not allowed among women.

Vedangi was slaying in her light pink lehanga paired with heavy pearl earrings and a simple choker.

Lakshmana was wearing a simple white lehanga with light oxide  jewellery, she was not allowed to leave vedangi's side even for a minute, being her bridesmaid

Vedangi's eyes we're continuously searching for shvet, but he was nowhere to be seen

Vedangi's eyes we're continuously searching for shvet, but he was nowhere to be seen. " What type of mehndi do you want kumaari? " The mehndi artist asked her. " Something delicate, yet intricate. And please I want a dark stain " Vedangi answered.
The mehndi artists, carved mehndi on the palms of every Royal woman in the palace.

" Now you both may go to your chamber, I would send some dasi with lemon and sugar syrup to apply on your palms, so that it gives darker stain " Durva told the bride and her bridesmaid. ( during Maharashtrian wedding, a bridesmaid has much importance) .
************************************
Vedangi was walking through the hallway, back to her chamber, her palms covered with mehndi, she was smiling to herself, when someone held her arms and pulled her behind a curtain, she was about to scream loudly, but the person covered her mouth with his palms. She was about to bite the person's hand with her teeth, but she felt the touch familiar.

A calm smile spread on her lips and she whirled, " What is this yuvraj! What if someone would have seen! " She mock raised her eyebrows. " I am touching my to be wife! No one can stop me " He said slowly, tucking vedangi's hair strand behind her ear.
Vedangi nodded her head negative and turned around, " Did I tell you, that you are looking too gorgeous today " Shvet said. Vedangi started walking towards her chamber, " Wait for the wedding day matsya yuvraj " She teased and ran to her chamber, blushing.
************************************
Lakshmana was walking through the corridor, when samb joined her from behind. " Your mehndi is pretty " Samb appreciated, " Hey, thank you " Lakshmana smiled. " Not more than you " He whispered to himself, " Huh, did you say something? " Lakshmana asked, " N.. No... Nothing " Samb stammered, making lakshmana smile.

A daughter of a merchant, who was invited for the wedding was walking from the opposite direction. Her eyes we're pinned on samb, as he was desired price throughout aryavart. She came near samb, rolling hair strands with her finger and acted falling. Samb caught her arms, as he didn't knew, she was acting, lakshmana's eyes widened and she rolled her eyes. That girl kept looking at samb, blinking her eyes, while samb was looking here and there awkwardly.

" Be careful not to trip down ,next time dear " Lakshmana plastered a smile on her face and broke the silence. The girl separated and walked away, blushing. " You had such an awesome chemistry with her " The plastered smile on lakshmana's face was constant. " Kaurav nandini, I don't even know her " Samb rolled his eyes. " Many such girls, whom you don't know are impressed by you " Lakshmana nodded.

" Doesn't matter, when I am in love with someone " He whispered under his breath, " Are you okay? Why are you always talking to yourself " Lakshmana shrugged and started walking towards her chamber.
************************************
Supriya applied turmeric and Vermillion ( haldi kumkum) between eyebrows of the women, who had brought bangles for the chuda chadhai programme. Vrushali came there along with the other Royal ladies, vedangi and lakshmana were made to sit on a decorated couch. Vrushali and bhanumati, slid bangles in wrists of their daughters, matching to the outfits, they were going to wear for the big day, vrushali wiped the tears that rolled from her eyes, without anyone's notice.

Vedangi adored  her wrists decorated with mehndi and then adorned with bangles. Her heartbeats increased, for a minute, when she thought, how would be her life after her wedding.
" Ehmm... Kumaari is lost in dreams of yuvraj from now only " The giggles of woman around broke her trance and coat of pink covered her cheeks.
Lakshmana, who was sitting besides her, nudged her by elbow, she bit her lower lip trying hard to control her blush, but teasings of the women around added more to it.
************************************
Hey, my lovely readers, the next chapter is here!
Lord ganesha went to his home today, so I decided to pay my tribute to him, by writing an update.
Did you all enjoyed ganesh festival?
Are you all liking this wedding track?
Hope you liked reading this part, let me know, through your comments, they are much important for me💖.