Chapter 44: Together

"Whatever I said- I'm so so-" But Edric interrupts me to say "Luz knows?!" Oh... That's all? Don't give me a heart attack. "Are you the one who told her?" I shake my head, not wanting to embarrass him like that. "Oh... Must've been Amity. Guess I'll shout it from the rooftops while everyone knows."

My eyes just dart around the room, confused at what to do. "But now I told you I have a crush on you too. What are we gonna do about it?" Is how I break the silence, feeling my fave heat up with every word. "Are you asking me the big question?~" He asks with that mischievous tone while poking me on the nose, slightly pushing my face back. I just sigh in frustration. "Ugh. Yes." The last word with a groan.

But how do we start out? I have no idea how to treat a romantic partner. "Have you ever been in a relationship before?" "Yeah but... I ended up accidentally sending a poem to their mom." This actually earns a laugh from me, as that's just hysterical. "Makes me think if you sent a poem to the Emperor!" I'm still laughing but once I cease my laughter, I see Edric with a worried smile.

"What would happen if I sent a poem to him." This has me thinking. "He might get angry?" Guess he would as usual. "And then what?" Edric asks to which I ponder. At first I thought 'Would he really get pissy over an accidental poem?' but now I know he would. Because that means he'd find out I'm in a relationship.

Now Edric's frowning. "Y'know what? Forget I asked. Let's uhh.. talk about something else." And that's when I ask "How are partners supposed to act?" Edric chuckles a bit. Embarrassed myself already. "You can't even say 'Boyfriends'?" Now that I think about it.. I can't. This is just too new to me. But I'll get used to it.

"Yes, yes. Get it out of your system." Me referring to his sense of humor. "What do you want to do?" And he seems concerned for me again. But it's no big deal. "Doesn't matter. What do you want to do?" "But Hunter. That sounds like something you'd say back when we first met." He's right. Back when I was still obedient to Belos.

"I thought you were over that." And I sigh at seeing his point. I have to forget about it. "Well... We could start out slow by holding hands and sitting next to each other. But what about your parents? I don't think they'll like the idea-" He wraps an arm around my shoulder, making me tense up. "Who cares what they think?! And my dad won't notice because he's usually sleeping through the whole year anyway."

At first I felt nervous at his touch, assuming he was going for my neck but no. I just have to forget about Belos. I'll get over it eventually. Maybe. Probably. "Well let's get outta here before Eda comes back and sees us in her room." He lets go of my shoulder and grabs my hand, pulling me out of the room.

(Ugh! Took 40+ chapters but it finally happened! Sorry it took so long! And thanks to those who had the patience to stick around! I was trying to make the relationship as realistic as I could. How is it? And any errors of spelling?)