29. enthusiastic

029

029

Devora kept the image of Jungkook's radiant appearance in mind as she decided whether or not she should be going out with him.

After telling him yes, and even exchanging numbers, it was only now when she began to be dubious about their meet-up.

The thought of things being awkward hit her, she didn't know if Jungkook knew that she had feelings for him, but it was cumbersome nonetheless.

She would have to pretend that she only saw him as a friend, that was easy back then, of course, because she wasn't conscious of her feelings for him.

Now that she collided with reality, Devora believed conversations would be so difficult to carry out.

She didn't want to bail out on their 'date' Jungkook seemed thrilled to finally have the opportunity to converse with her, and she didn't want to wreck his enthusiasm with her suspicion of being gauche.

Devora could visibly picture his heart shattering if she were to call him and cancel their itinerary so abruptly.

"Come on, just shake off these nerves." Devora lamented, fixing her leather blazer in the driver seat of her car.

"It won't be awkward unless I make it awkward." Giving herself a much-needed pep talk, coaching her way through her mash of ambiguity.

Devora had never been to a Jazz/R&B club or a music establishment before.

Actually, she had never been to a place where they played live music, ever. She didn't even know what the proper attire for these music clubs were.

In reality, it didn't matter, it's not like what she was wearing was anything that would draw any unwanted attention.

From outside the parking lot, it looked a bit dim in there with purple and red lights being the only light.

It was still a bit lively outside — still 4 o'clock — but the windows seemed to block out any sunlight with a tint to keep the mood encaged within the room. Not being swallowed away with the sun's radiating shine.

The place must have been a hit with all the un-vacant parking spaces that surrounded her Tahoe.

Or, maybe people would show up because it was Saturday, and the music they played was entertaining.

She put her thoughts on hold as soon as she saw Jungkook's Mercedes enter through the opening of the lot, quickly finding a parking spot that was sequestered in the corner, fit enough for his smaller car.

Although she was hesitant about seeing him that day, her heart began to pursue with speed, subconsciously, once he got out of his car, making his way towards hers.

A laugh blossomed in her spurring chest when she noticed that they wore comparable jackets, both being a black leather material.

Getting out of her car, she hurried over to him, acknowledging the felicitous crinkle at the edge of his cheeks.