𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

He's not there

He's not there. Her eyes scan the meeting room once more, peering over towards the leather couches positioned in the back of the room and the round table in the center. Hell, he's not even hiding out in any of the corners or near the refreshment table.

Ezra Moore couldn't be bothered to show up for the biggest meeting of her career. But why is she even surprised? Yet, Billie can't place the feeling weighing in her chest. It's a mix between disappointment and relief, as if she wants him to prove her wrong and right at the same time.

Her eyes meet a familiar pair of faces, and, for a moment, Billie is starstruck. They need no introduction. Grand Motel's greatest hits had been the music that followed her in the most formative years of her life. Still, she'd never admit how often she had their songs on repeat during her bus trip across the country or on her many subway commutes when she finally reached New York.

Maybe she's prideful and stubborn for not giving them that kind of satisfaction, considering the boys had never really done anything to her or girlcrush. Showing gratitude and adoration may even go a longer way than indifference. Part of her even feels childish for punishing them for something out of their control.

Though she desperately wants to remain detached, it's difficult to stop the smile tugging at the corners of her mouth as the two boys finally realize they're no longer alone. Ambrose, who stands a few good feet over the other, offers a quick nudge to alert the curly blonde that they've arrived. Jude nearly chokes on the muffin stuffed in his mouth, eyes bouncing from each girl until he finally lands on Billie.

"Hey," Jude coughs out, "I'm Jude. We, uh, didn't think you'd all be here for another fifteen."

"I'm Ambrose. Ezra will be here soon," the other says, as if already noting the palpable concern coming from the girls, "Jeff and him are in a bit of traffic." For a moment, Billie can feel the same worry radiating off the two of them. It becomes increasingly apparent that they aren't to blame and shouldn't be her enemies.

The girls go down the line introducing themselves, all offering quick hello's. The lead singer immediately notices the way Jude's eyes remain caught on Callie, though her guitarist barely recognizes his clear infatuation. Instead, Callie continues talking about chord progressions with him while Ambrose shows Daria a few pictures of his latest tattoos.

"Your artist's line work is insane," he compliments before pulling up the sleeve of his hoodie to show the ink swirling up his brown skin. "My girlfriend did a few of the stick n' pokes, but I usually go somewhere downtown."

"That one is sick," Daria points out a particularly well done set of numbers, "Tell your girlfriend she can tattoo me anytime. What's her name? I'll follow her."

"It's Skylar Aoki," he replies, "Here, let me give you her number. She'd love to meet you all."

"We should definitely have a session to go over technique," Jude offers while trying not to stumble over his words.