Chapter 14

"Ugh."

Namae groaned as she lied on her bed. She thought about what she just did earlier.

'Seems like I still have a little bit of humanity left huh.' She laughed at herself.

Tomorrow, Namae will resign from Genji's company as planned. She'll publicly apologize to Kana then leave.

After that, there comes the ten million.

'I can't wait for tomorrow.'

She stared at the ceiling and felt her eyes getting heavier than usual. After that, she finally drifted off to sleep.

...

When morning came, Namae prepared herself and went to work.

The moment she arrived at the company, she had this weird feeling that made her hesitant to enter inside the building.

When she started walking, she noticed that with every step she took, everyone's glances landed on her.

"Isn't she the one?"

"She accused Ito Kana right?"

"She deserves to leave this company."

"Hush! She'll hear you.."

Namae: ...

'Do they think I'm deaf? Why are they gossiping that loud?'

Namae just continued to walk despite their mumblings and all.

'I guess that's the role of extras.'

Namae arrived at her working area and her colleagues were glaring at her.

"What?" She said out loud.

All of them deviated their gazes from her and continued on what they were doing.

She saw Nobara waving and smiling at her.

"Hello Nobara-san."

"Are you alright Sei-san?" She worriedly asked.

"Yep. I feel like out of the world today. I'm really excited." Namae smiled.

'I guess only birds of a feather only understand each other.'

Nobara and Namae were quite similar. They only did all of that because of cash. Nobara learned later on that Namae was also paid by someone that day.

After all, nothing beats money. Unless you're just foolish and you want your pride and dignity to remain, you won't be moved.

"Sei Namae. Come with me." The manager suddenly called out.

'Here it comes.' Namae smirked.

"Good luck Sei-san."

"Thank you."

...

Namae followed the manager.

He opened a door and ushered her to enter.

And there Namae saw Ito Kana sitting in a chair in front of Amado Genji and other managers and directors.

"Good morning everyone." Namae bowed in greeting.

"I think you have something else to say, Sei Namae." One of them spoke.

It only meant that they wanted Namae to do her thing quickly.

"Right. I, Sei Namae, formally apologize to Ito Kana, my colleague, for accusing her of plagiarizing my friend, Nobara Hime's work. I have come in sincere humility and beg you for forgiveness." Namae knelt down on the cold floor.