Facing Your Fears

"Agent Smith, it's too dangerous! We must evacuate!"

"Are you suggesting we run Officer Jones? After it devoured my family, and friends, and even my beloved dog, Sniffles? Never! I won't run, I no longer fear it. I'm going to face it then- AHH!"

"Cut!" Shouted director Nino.

Ivan took off his Horrificator costume and bowed his head. "Sorry Mylene."

"Mylene, this is like the tenth take and we're only on the first scene!" Complained Nino.

"14th actually," corrected Alix from the back of the classroom. "But who's counting?"

"I'm sorry," whimpered Mylene. "I'll do better on the next take, I promise."

"Anyone want some tea?" Asked Rose from the back.

"Mylene, your suppose to be playing a hero from the special forces! You're not supposed to get all freaked out!" 

"I know," said Mylene.

"Hey," I cut in. "Maybe Agent Smiths can be just a little bit scared, after all, Horrificator ate everything she loves. Then, at the end of the movie, she'll face the monster head on. This way, the character will have some development and the viewers can connect with her. Being relatable will probably help the movie to become more popular too."

Nino stared at me with his mouth open. "Where were you when we were writing the script?"

"Well, someone," I glared at him. "Wanted me to help with something else instead."

"Ah."

"Ugh, let's just give the Oscar of the best pathetic scaredy cat who's afraid of it's shadow to Mylene and make me the lead," said Chloe.

"Mylene is perfect for the role, Chloe. And you don't even know any of the lines!" Said Sabrina.

"Who cares, I know there's a kiss scene in it!"

"What?" I turned to Alya. I already know this is going to happen, so might as well use it to my advantage. "Alya, how could you? Mylene and Ivan are a couple!"

"I didn't put that in there!" She retorted.

"Um, I did..." confessed Nino. "It was just a little tweak, you know to move the story forward."

"What? You edited my script without even telling me? That's low!" Growled Alya.

"Wait a minute, you mean our script."

"Stop," I came between the two. "Fighting won't do anything. Nino, kindly justify why you put that kiss scene in. It's way too early in the story, and there's no reason for them to be in a relationship, or have the viewers ship them. As a person who enjoys good romance plots, I find this one to be highly offensive."

"What are you? A judge?" Asked Nino.

"If you want to call me that. Now, talk."

"Um, I already told you, it's to get the story moving along!"

"Hmm, invalid reason. The kiss scene is herby removed. Okay, let's take it from the top, aye Nino?"

He sighed. "Fine."

"W-wait, I need to sing my happy song first, it always makes me feel better," said Mylene.

"This is why I should be the lead!" Said Chloe. "Not little miss fraidy here."

Mylene burst into tears and ran out of the classroom.

"Look what you did Chloe!" I said, furious. "Nobody move, I'm going to go get Mylene back."

I hurried out of the classroom in time to see Mylene running down the stairs.

I ran after her and found her sitting on a bench crying.

"Hey, Mylene."

"Hi, Yin..."

"Mylene, please don't take what Chloe said to heart, she's mean to everybody!"

"Yes, but what she said was true. I'm easily scared, unlike you. You've only known us for a few weeks and you already have the courage to stand in front of our class to convince them to help you. You even got Chloe involved! And you help Ladybug and Chat Noir a lot too, I don't know how you face supervillains like that, and I'm scared just because of a costume."

"Would you like to know?"

"Huh?" Asked Mylene.

"I could tell you how I do it. When I'm standing in front of a huge crowd or even just our classmates, my legs shake, even if you can't see it. So tell myself that, I'm very brave for standing up and speaking out. I remind myself that the only reason I'm scared is because I'm afraid of people judging me. So I think to when I was in the crowd, I wasn't judging anyone then. Fear is just a trick our minds play on us. If we didn't have fear, we'd do reckless things, so I say it's not al that bad.

"And if you still can't do it, just imagine everyone is a flower. Plants don't judge, so you have nothing to be afraid of. Now, why don't we go back there and show Chloe who the real hero is?"

********

"I'm going to face it and I'll-" Mylene gasps but manages to calm down as Ivan came out. "Horrificator! There you are!"

"Cut! Great job. Now the two of you go freshen up and prepare for the next scene!" Says Nino. He turned to me. "Whatever you said to Mylene it really helped her, you should consider becoming a motivational speaker."

I shook my head and laughed, "I'm just glad it helped her, for  moment I thought I had pulled a Zuko!"

"A Zuko? What's that?"

Oh shit. "Oh, it's just an inside joke from my hometown.

********

"Cut! And we're done! We just have to make the edits. Those who are part of this team stay behind, the rest of you can go home!"

"Finally! I 'm about to die!" I said, stretching my back.

"Me two," agreed Marinette.

"And three!" Added Alya.

********

Filler chapter. or just to strengthen the friendship between. Forgive me, yeah, it's just there is something very exciting in a few more chapters and I'm looking forwards to it so much.

Also, if u liked the chap, pls vote :D Ur one small action helps alot <3

Word count: 972