ch.31

dejavu.

now playing | seven to six and back again

↠ⁿᵉˣᵗ ˢᵒⁿᵍ ↺ ʳᵉᵖᵉᵃᵗ ⊜ ᵖᵃᵘˢᵉ

status: very unedited

TW: suicide.

"God, Jisung, what are you doing now?" Aeri droned out the dialing that had been continuously attached to her left ear for the past fifteen minutes, having switched from the other side. Her phone was basically glued to the space in between her shoulder and cheek, holding it in place uncomfortably as she drove around town aimlessly.

She's been calling for the past thirty minutes, from the taxi ride to her home, and ever since she had gotten into her car and had began her own search.

Yet, there was nothing on the other line.

Minji, Sooyun— who had ditched her day job— and the Fever Dream members had been desperately calling and looking for the boy.

The traffic outside of the concert hall, the boys were filming at, was too horrid to escape, both by car and on foot. And if they could make it outside safely, the staff for the The Next Hit Competition was very strict on their attendance to the semi-finals.

They felt hopeless as all they could do was redial Jisung's 7 digit phone number on repeat.

On the other hand, Sooyun and Minji had made a temporary alliance to search together. Apparently, from what Sooyun explained in a quick call to Aeri, they had agreed to not go at each other's throats again and sit quietly in Minji's car as they searched the other half of town.

Despite having a watch party specifically out for him, none have gotten any leads whatsoever. In the beginning of this whole ordeal, Aeri was praying that she was to find him first, but that idea had quickly been squashed as the minutes passed. She just hoped anyone would find him.

"Jisung Park. Leave a message,"

It was nearly the thousandth time she had heard that voicemail response.

She couldn't bear hearing it another time, so the brunette quickly ended the call and tossed her phone to her empty passenger's seat.

Aeri gnawed brutally at her bottom lip, as if savoring the metallic taste that had been present the entire time. Slowing down at a intersection's red light, she glanced uneasily at her radio, spotting the time.

And her stomach dropped immediately. The competition's pre- interviews were probably wrapping up, and it was soon they'd start and finish the usual introduction clips and then onto the actual stages.