Chapter 7: The Mysterious Guy

(Y/N)'s POV
The brown haired guy had instructed us to follow him. Marina looked at me in disgust and I nearly shrinked back into my invisible shell.

"How come she won as well? It should only be me" she muttered out angrily to herself. Soon enough, we came to two seperate doors.

"Wait here and don't go anywhere, understood?" The brown haired guy said strictly to me. I nodded as a reply. Then, he and Marina went into the room on the left.

I stood around waiting for them to come out. Suddenly, I heard footsteps and thought that the brown haired guy is coming out so I quickly stand straight.

But, he didn't come out. I saw a shadow appearing by the corner of the hallway so I stood still im case something happens.

A blonde haired guy with aquamarine eyes came into view. He was really handsome and I began to blush a little.

He walked towards as I felt like my feet froze into place. "Are you new here? I've never seen you around before" he said with a cold tone.

Even though his tone was cold, his voice was beautiful, like a sweet and calming melody.

"I believe I asked you a question. It is quite rude to not reply" he said. "I-im sorry. Um, I-I won a s-shoemaking contest h-held in his c-castle" I Stuttered out as his presence was very intimidating.

"I see...so why are you just standing around?" He continued. "W-well, a brown haired guy asked me to wait here as he and another winner entered that room" I said and pointed to the left room.

"There are two winners?" He asked. "Um...yes. The results came in a draw" I replied while looking down to avoid those intimidating eyes.

"Alright then" he said before walking away. Suddenly, I heard the door open but Marina hadn't come out.

The brown haired guy opened the right door and gestured me to come in.

"Alright...my name is Haru Natsume. You may call me Sir Haru. Let me lay down a few rules for you" the guy now known as Haru said.

"First, your most important job is to create different shoes for the king
. The king will discuss with you and Marina Dencia about the theme if he wants new shoes.

You'll be given five days to complete your work. Once you are done, please place them into the silver box there by the corner. The maids will collevct the box on the final day.

If you do not complete your work by the deadline or if the king does not like your new shoes, you'll be fired. So, do your best in creating the best shoes by the deadline.

Secondly, you can go to the marketplace on Saturday and Sunday only. You must remain in the castle on weekdays. You may go to the marketplace to buy materials for the shoes.

You need not worry about food and drinks as maids will bring you your meal at a certain time of the day.

Thirdly, your payment. You'll be given 50,000 gold coins on the last day of each month. You may spemd it on whatever you like.

But, you'll be given an extra 10,000 gold coins today as the king really liked your shoes. There's a safe over there where you can store your coins.
I will give the extra coins to you later.

That is all, do you have any questions?" Haru asked. "Umm...yeah. Who was the blonde guy with aquamarine eyes?" I asked.

Haru's eyes seem to widen for a moment before he shook his head. "You needn't to know that" he said.
"But why?" I asked.

"If there are no other questions, ill be taking my leave. The king wants to see you Marina in two hours so be ready and also, bathroom's that way" he said and left the room.

I pouted at him ignoring my question
I decided to bathe before my meetimg with the king. After I finished bathing, I looked at the clock.

'One hour left...how did I shower for some long?!' I questioned myself. I sat on the bed and looked outside the window.

There's a huge garden with colorful flowers. I opened the window slightly and set my head on the windowsill.
A bird perched on my head and it began plucking my hair with its little beak.

"Ah! Stop!" I said and tried to shoo the bird away. The bird flew away with a tuft of my hair in its beak. "Stupid bird" I said as I rubbed my head.

I looked at the wardrobe and there were many clothes which were made of expensive fabric. 'I must not wear red...it may anger the king' i thought.

I finally ended up picking a blue dress with white laces. It was decent enough. I changed into it amd looked in the mirror.

'I look quite good' I thought and smiled. I then combed my hair so it does not appear to be messy.

After that, I just sat on the bed and waited for someone to guide me to the king for the meeting when it is time.

(Vote too please! Thank you!)